Search for content in message boards

Dorrell Family History

Dorrell Family History

Delrae Dorrell (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2000 3:50PM GMT
I am wife of Donal ValGene, Who is the son of John Frank, Grandson of John Willis. I would like to make contact with anyone who is searching that line of the family. I have been in contact with Neisha Dorrell Personette, but not since I've connected to the internet.

Dorrell Family

Delrae Dorrell (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2000 11:14PM GMT
I should have said that we are of the Dorrell's out of Missouri and Oklahoma. Neisha Dorrell Personette is our niece.

Missouri Dorrells

Georgia (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 6:29PM GMT
I'm also researching the Dorrells in Missouri.
I'm looking for info on Charlotte Belle Dorrell.
Born 7 Nov 1884. Daughter of Orren Jane Arnold
Dorrell. they lived in the Blythdale, Mo. area.
Charlotte was called Lottie and she married a
William Jess Key. Lotties father had bright red hair.
Lottie William were married 14Feb1901. Any
information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Dorrell line

Posted: 5 Dec 2000 9:08AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 2:56PM GMT
Hi,
My husband is a descendant of the Dorrell line that you refer to and we have also been in touch with Neisha. We have our Dorrell's listed at our website at http://thepeterson.homepage.com/genealogy.html. We'd be happy to compare notes . . .

Missouri Dorrell's

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2001 6:58PM GMT
My grandfather's name was James Warren Dorrell.
I have record of a brother Henry Lee Dorrell,
whose children were Hazel, Noami, Jim, Madge, Tony,
Henry, Helen and Orbin (maybeOrren). these
childrens mother was Gertie Rusher. children
by 2nd wife (Eva Rusher) were rollie, Linden,
John and Mabel.
don't know if this is your line of Missouri
Dorrells. Let me know if Orbin is Orren???
Pat

Dorrells: James, son of William; KY>IN>MO

Nina Tilton (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2001 1:49PM GMT
Hi, I don't know if the Dorrells I am researching connect with any of yours, but the red hair sounds promising! John Dorrell (born 1870 MO; d. 1925 MT) son of James W. Dorrell (b. 1843 in IN; d. 1908 in MT), son of William (b. 1806/7 in KY) & Mary Dorrell (b. 1809/10 in KY). William & Mary's children: Margaret, b. 1832/33; Eliza A., b. 1834/35; William F., b. 1836/37; Mary M., b. 1838/39; Elizabeth F., b. 1839/40; James W., b. 1841-43; America A., b. 1843/44; John W., b. 1845/46; & Emma R., b. 1847/48. All children born in Indiana. At a recent reunion of John Dorrell's descendants, there were lots of redheads! Each of his 4 daughters had at least one redheaded descendant. Please let me know if any of these names/dates/places ring any bells with any of you other Dorrell researchers.

Re: Dorrells: James, son of William; KY>IN>MO

Kelly (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2001 2:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dorrell
The path of your William (b. 1806/07) from KY to IN to MO seems to parallel that of my ancestor Stephen Dorrell. He was born in KY about 1805, was in IN by 1830, moved to Greene County MO around 1836, and died there on December 1, 1860. He was married to Sarah and had 9 children that I know of: George (c. 1831), Elizabeth J. (July 7, 1833), Green B. (about 1835), William (c. 1837), Rhoda C. (March 13, 1838), James B. (c. 1839), Melinda (c. 1846), Stephen W. (c. 1848), and Minerva (c. 1851).

According to BLM land records, a Stephen Dorrell and a William Dorrell both purchased land in Putnam County, IN (I believe in the 1830s but don't have the files at hand at the moment). I was wondering if they might be brothers. Does your William have a brother Stephen? Do you know William's parents? I have been trying to get back past Stephen for quite some time, so I hope you might recognize him and be able to provide some additional leads.

Thanks!
Kelly

Nina Tilton (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2001 12:30AM GMT
Surnames: Dorrell
No, unfortunately I don't know who William's parents were, or if he had a brother Stephen. None of his sons were named Stephen, though. This is my Dorrell ancestor I am stuck on right now. There are a lot of coincidences, you are right. With luck, maybe I'll find new information soon. If I find anything that could interest you, I'll let you know.
Nina

linda (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2004 3:55PM GMT
i to am a descendant of dorrells.
my great granmother is elizabeth dorrells born indiana
was in greene county, missouri as she married
may 28,1846 greene county, missouri to
richard graves.
i have no information on her.
so i am wondering if she is related to your dorrells
thank you
linda
woodruff1153@aol.com
have a great day

Nelda L. Percival (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2004 8:10PM GMT
Hi,
First, I am researching Nancy Dorrell b. KY... Now second I believe (With no proof) that the IN Dorrells and the MO Dorrells are all related...since they seem to both come out of KY.
third, I went to ancestry.com and in put Elizabeth Dorrell.
I found in the 1850 census for Greene Co., Mo...
Now the funny thing is the family living next door was
Richard Graves wife Elizabeth...

I do not think the Dorrell family listed below was your Elizabeth's parents, BUT do believe they are related, if in fact the family living next door, is your Richard Graves and wife Elizabeth Dorrell.
Some families did name children with the same name but usually only if the first child had died... He could easly be her Uncle or brother, or what ever...

Name: Elizabeth Dorrell
Estimated Birth Year: 1832
Birth Place: Indiana
Home in 1850
(City,County,State): Boone, Greene, Missouri
Page: 322
Roll: M432_400
this sheet was written on the 23 day of Oct 1850 census (Wierd date for census) listed below is an extracion of her parents household:

1171/1171 Stephin/Stephein Dorrell, 45, b. KY
wife Sarah, 35, b. KY
George T or F?, 19, b. IN
Elizabeth 17, b. IN
Greenberry,15, b. IN
William,13, b. MO
James, 11, b. MO
Rhoda, 9, MO
Melinda, 4, MO
Stephen, 2, MO

Next door

1160/1160
Richard Graves, 30, farmer b. IN
wife Elizabeth, 28, b. IN
Mary, 2, b. MO
William, 1, b. MO
Elijah Cadey (question on spelling surname)

Extracted from your posting:
elizabeth dorrells born indiana
was in greene county, missouri as she married
may 28,1846 greene county, missouri to
richard graves.

woodruff1153@aol.com

Hope that helps
Nelda.. board manager
per page

Find a board about a specific topic