Search for content in message boards

Fred Finnerty, born 1900, Columbus , Ohio

Fred Finnerty, born 1900, Columbus , Ohio

Robert Finnerty (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2002 4:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Finnerty, Seymour
This is my grandfather. I was told by my father( Donald, his youngest son,born 1949) that Fred was the youngest of 9 children,and his father's name was Dennis. Dennis had a second wife named Myrtle,by the time Fred was born. Fred married Carrie Jane Seymour,and lived until March of 1980. This is all the information that I have of grandpa, any that could be provided for me would be very appreciated.
Thank you.

Re: Fred Finnerty, born 1900, Columbus , Ohio

Posted: 14 Mar 2004 9:21PM GMT
Dennis (Pundie) Finnearty was b May 10, 1870 d July 20, 1943. He was married to a Mary Jean Turvey from Ireland, they had William my grandfather, Minnie, Garnet, and Fred, then a Myrtal Ruggles. b-Feb. 14, 1881the children I know they had were Clare Bell and Grace Is this the same information you have? If this is right then your grandfather and my grandfather were brothers.
Janice

Posted: 19 Mar 2004 4:53PM GMT
I'm not exactly sure if I can discount the information you've given me,but it does sound eerily coincidental and exciting for me at this point. My grandfather (Fred) had a brother that was knicknamed "Buck". Could this have been your grandfather? The spellings "Finnearty" and "Finnerty" are of course different,but I don't know if my surname was changed when my ancestors came to America or not (chances are good that it was,however).

Posted: 19 Mar 2004 5:38PM GMT
My mother was a Finnearty and that is the way it is spelled that is how it is spelled on my grand parents death certificates. But some of the family spell it Finnerty and Finearty.William (Buck) or (Pop) his wife was Ethel Martin she was called (mom) by everyone. Pops full name was William Michael born Sept 23, 1895. and died Aug 8, 1960A little story Dennis his dad was a big man over 6'8" tall and over 300 lbs died in a out house and they had to brake it down to get him out.

Posted: 19 Mar 2004 6:07PM GMT
Ya know, we may have something here....My grandmother( Fred's wife) was named Carrie Jane Seymour,and from what I can discern,Fred met Carrie in Cambridge,Ohio, in Guernsy county. My grandmother's first born is my Aunt Betty,and her second child is my Uncle Ray ( my father was born a little later on in my grandmother's life). Do these names sound familiar to you?

Posted: 15 Oct 2007 2:01PM GMT
Surnames: Finnerty
Yes this all connects into my family tree. I am in touch with Jean Finnearty whos Father was Fred. Would you like for me to see if I can send you her e-mail address? Her mother was Carrie and dad was Fred. Her grandmother was aunt Garnett. I would be glad to get you in touch with her if she will let me.

Janice Grove (Mason-Finnearty)

Posted: 26 Feb 2008 12:32AM GMT
Surnames: Finnearty
I have alot of information on the Finnearty's If I can be of any help to you please e-mail me at: jrgrove@cox.net. Dennis was my great grand father and Fred was my Uncle. William (Buck) was my grand dad.

Janice
per page

Find a board about a specific topic