Search for content in message boards

Hintz from New Leipzig, North Dakota

Hintz from New Leipzig, North Dakota

Jan (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2002 4:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hintz
Would appreciate any information on the Hintz family originally from Bessarabia and settled in New Leipzig, North Dakota.

Re: Hintz from New Leipzig, North Dakota

Suzan Hintz (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2003 2:29AM GMT
Do you know which branch you are looking for? I am descendant of Christoph b 1859, d 1900 in Leipzig ND, and have a fair amount from that family. He had siblings and cousins who also came 1870-1900 or so, so there were lots in the area.

Susan

Janet (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2003 4:35AM GMT
Surnames: Hintz
Hi Susan:

I have just received an email indicating that a Christoph just might be somehow related to my Hintz family. My great grandmother, Wilhelmina and her two brothers (that I know of), Wilhelm & Friedrich, were born in the North Caucasus, South Russia. Do any of your family have a Caucasus connection?
Thank you,
Janet

Suzan Hintz (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2003 4:56AM GMT
Sorry, I do not have a Wilhelmina in my collection, and no reference to Caucasus location (all Leipzig Russia to Leipzig ND).

Susan

vernon hintz (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2003 4:57PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2010 11:03AM GMT
Surnames: Hintz, WIll
My parents were in new leipzig area around the 1930's - 1950's. William G. Hintz and Martha L. (Will) Hintz

Suzan (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2003 5:09PM GMT
Hi Vernon

I have a William Hintz, son of Samuel Hintz and Maria Tetzlaff. I don't have any family information for William. Sam is brother to Christoph, and that's who I'm researching.

Suzan

vernon hintz (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2003 5:39PM GMT
Yes that would be my father (William) My sister has done some family tree work not sure if her info includes Christoph or not. Her e-mail address is MARY.BOVEE@JUNO.COM if you want to contact her.

Posted: 10 Jul 2010 2:13AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2010 11:05AM GMT
Surnames: Hintz, Tetzloff
Susan, I am Mary Hintz Bovee and My dad was William G. Hintz the youngest son of 14 children (I believe) of Sam J. Hintz and Maria Tetzloff. Sam died in Elgin, ND in the 1950's, Is there a connection there?

Posted: 10 Jul 2010 2:26AM GMT
I am not sure if my correct email address is on the website-- mary.bovee@yahoo.com

Posted: 10 Jul 2010 2:27AM GMT
I believe that Samuel J Hintz is s/o Johann Friedrich Hintz, and Samuel J is brother to Christoph, who is my husband's great grandfather. I think that Samuel J came to the US in 1885. Christoph arrived 7 Nov 1885, and I suspect that he brought all that remained of the family - his wife, son, mother, sister, and brother (not Sam) so Sam was probably already in ND.

Johann F's father was Adam Hintz - I don't know that anyone has identified Adam's parents.

The death date I have for Samual J is 23 May 1957.

If you have specific questions or details, I'd be happy to share what I have.

Susan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic