Search for content in message boards

Hyman clan from North and South Carolina

Hyman clan from North and South Carolina

Tommy Hyman Cain (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2001 4:57PM GMT
My Grandfather was Arthur L Hyman (1860-1924)of Cain Township (now Florence County, S.C. His Father was Larry Hyman. Many Hymans burried in Beuluh Baptist Cementary in Hyman, S.C. Believe they settled in this area from Martin County, N.C. in early 1800s.

city

Carole Hyman (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2001 7:48PM GMT
Where is Hyman,South Carolina? Does it still
exists?

Re: city

Susan Gibbs Martin (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2001 11:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hyman is near Pamplico another small town in South Carolina. A lot of Cains, Gibbs, Hymans, and other names have lived here since the early 1800's or longer. This area is near Florence County, which years ago was part of Marion County.

Re: Hyman clan from North and South Carolina

Susan G. Martin (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2001 6:18PM GMT
Surnames: HYMAN/GIBBS
Does your Hyman line trace back to Welthy Hyman who was married to Eaton Hyman? Do you know her maiden name?
I am doing research on her other husband Cannon Gibbs.
I cannot seem to find out who his parents were. ANY information on Welthy would be appreciated.
Susan Gibbs Martin

Posted: 24 Sep 2001 12:36AM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2004 1:28AM GMT
My husband, Wayne Hyman grew up in Oak City, NC which is Martin County. His late brother, Nathan C. Hyman (N.C.) research the Hyman family and wrote a book on his findings.
N.C. died in 1998. Millie McKenzie Hyman

Posted: 25 Sep 2001 11:13AM GMT
What is the name of the book? I think I have to go to Martin County court house too. I have been to the Nash, Edgecombe, Pitt and Halifax county courthouses. They're all near Rocky Mount,NC. I really lucked up at the Halifax library. I found a geneologist who helped me out. If you send me some names, when I go to Martin county ,I'll look up your relatives too. Carole Hyman

Posted: 30 Sep 2001 11:29PM GMT
The name of the research book on the Hyman family is called HYMAN HERITAGE by Nathan Council Hyman. It was completed in 1985. N.C. died in 1997. He was my husband's older brother. I am not sure where you might find a copy since it was not published. Hope this information will be of some assistance to you in your search. Millie McKenzie Hyman

Posted: 3 Oct 2001 11:52AM GMT
Millie, Do you think some of his relatives might have a copy of it? Did he have children? They would be the most likely ones to have it or some of his paper. I truly appreciate all the help you have given me. And I will share what I have with you. Carole

Posted: 4 Oct 2001 2:42AM GMT
Carole,
I don't know where you might get a copy. I learned tonight that the last copies were sold prior to his death. Maybe you might talk to the people at the courthouse, they might be able to help you. I don't live in the eastern part of the state. I live outside of Asheville and rarely get in that area of the state Good Luck.....Millie.

Posted: 6 Oct 2001 2:36PM GMT
Millie, Can you hook me up with whoever told you that there were copies? Guess what ? My son is in Morganton,NC just a few miles from Ashville. I'm there at least 3 times a year.
That's my mother's hometown. Been going there all my life. Carole
per page

Find a board about a specific topic