Search for content in message boards

Knickerbocker Family Bible

Knickerbocker Family Bible

Posted: 13 Oct 2003 3:30AM GMT
A friend of mine has a Knickerbocker family Bible, printed in 1875, listing births, marriages and deaths. The family appears to be from Illinois. In addition to Knickerbocker, some of the surnames mentioned are Weaver, Faye, Montross, Scriver & Brown. Earliest date recorded in 1789. The Bible is available to anyone who can prove descent.

Re: Knickerbocker Family Bible

Posted: 1 Nov 2003 7:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: knickerbocker
my name is shane johnsted and my grandmother was a knickerboker liveing eau claire and has died recently i have been surching for any info on my family line

Dee King (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2004 10:05PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Knickerbocker
I don't know if I am a descendent or not.

My great, great, great ?? grandmother was Lottie Knickerbocker Edgerton married to David Edgerton, NY;
David and Lottie's daughter Mamie married Claude Morton;
Mamie and Claude had a daughter Thelma who married
Lloyd E. Brown born 1900 and they had nine children -
Clayton, Keith, LaVerne, David, Dale, Edna, Nancy, Donald, Lloyd.
Any chance I'm a relative?

Donna Hollie (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2004 9:25PM GMT
Don't know. Will check the Bible & get back to you.

Posted: 23 Jun 2005 8:48PM GMT
Donna - did you ever get a chance to check the family bible for me? Never heard back from you.

Donna (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2005 8:16PM GMT
Sorry, I got involved in other projects and forgot. Will see the lady who owns the Bible on 7-21. Please E-mail me your questions again.

Posted: 24 Aug 2007 12:09AM GMT
This is a long way off, but wondering if anyone contacted you regarding this Knickerbocker Family Bible?
Please visit www.knickmansion.com
Thanks,
Gloria Waldron Hukle
My site: www.gloriawaldronhukle
I am a Knickerbocker descendent, but not close to those mentioned.

Posted: 24 Aug 2007 12:47AM GMT
Classification: Bible
It was several years ago that I posted info about the Knickerbocker Family Bible. Unfortunately a series of family crisis prevented me from following up and in the meantime, I am no longer in contact with the person who holds the Bible. Following is the info I abstracted from the Bible at the time of the first post:

Peter Knickerbocker b 24 April 1782, died 16 Nov 1848. On 15 July 1806 married Jane Montross who was b 15 March 1788 and died 20 March 1877. Issue--John b 12 July 1807, Herman b 17 Dec 1808, Susan b 29 April 1810, Edmund b 31 May 1814, Hiram b 3 Mar 1816 d 27 Sept 1904 & married Mary C. Weaver on 3 Nov 1836, Evert b 6 June 1818, Betsy b 18 June 1821, Catherine b 19 April 1823, Edward b 23 Jul 1825, William b 23 Jul 1825, Peter Jay b 3 Oct 1829, Louis Dibble b 14 June 1831 & Lucy Ann b 18 Sept 1833

Posted: 24 Aug 2007 1:00AM GMT
Thank you for your prompt response. This may be valuable information to someone at the Knickerbocker Mansion located at Schaghticoke, New York. In fact, this month there will be a great historical event ..Sept. 23rd I believe.
I will forward the information to the Knickerbocker Historian ..a Mr. Stevens.
Thank You for your kindness.
Gloria Waldron Hukle,
Author
l7th Century Historical
Manhattan Seeds of the Big Apple

Posted: 25 May 2008 1:02PM GMT
Surnames: Knickerbocker
I would be interested in determining whether or not these Knickerbockers apply to me. My great great grandmother was Sallie Knickerbocker, b. 01/06/1847 in Marseilles, La Salle Co IL, m. Joseph B. Parr 12/28/1865 and died 08/16/1939 in Marseilles. Her parents were James B. Knickerbocker b. in Columbia Co NY, I believe, and Catherine Latimer. So far I've been unable to get further back beyond James and Catherine. Any help would be appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic