Search for content in message boards

joseph menard

joseph menard

rosemary menard (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2000 3:01PM GMT
looking for joseph menard from quebec province of canada;
allegedly had brother Alex. Came from large family; immigrated
to the US and lived in Northern Wisconsin; dob:01/22/1852.

Joseph Menard

Posted: 16 Jul 2000 9:09PM GMT
Edited: 17 Apr 2002 3:26PM GMT
Have your tried Eau Claire, There was a Joseph Menard married to a Matilda Ausman they stood up for a Joseph Greenwood and Frances Ausman on Oct 13,1880.

Looking for the Canadian connection

Suzanne Menard (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2000 10:16PM GMT
Joseph Mathilda were my great grandfather grandmother. We cannot seem to get any further back in the genealogy with this, but we know that the generation before came from Canada also with a possible Huron or Mohican connection. Any help would be wonderful!
Posted: 18 Jul 2000 10:36PM GMT
Joseph Greenwood who was married to Frances Ausman was from Mishicot Wis. it is just a couple of miles from Two Rivers Wis. Joseph Menard and Joseph Greenwood may have come to Eau Claire together. Joseph Greenwood parents came from Trois Rivers Quebec in 1855 many of the French settled in that area of Wis. I am hoping to find my great great Uncle Joseph Greenwood. might you have any information on Joseph and Frances.

menard 's origin

Posted: 16 Sep 2000 7:48AM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2002 12:44PM GMT
Ihave french origine for the first Menard arriving in Canada but too busy this month
let me know your family tree

My daughter is married with a Edouard MENARD
living in Alicante Spain
I am in France for 3 months but in Canada in 2001
may be soon
excuse my poor english

French menard 's ancestors

Posted: 16 Sep 2000 7:50AM GMT
Ihave french origine for the first Menard arriving in Canada but too busy this month

living in Alicante Spain
may be soon
excuse my poor english

French menard 's ancestors

Posted: 16 Sep 2000 7:52AM GMT

living in Alicante Spain
may be soon
excuse my poor english
Posted: 16 Sep 2000 9:19AM GMT
Hi, My great great Uncle Joseph Greenwood(Boisvert) was married to a Frances Ausman in 1880 her sister Matilda Ausman was married to a Joseph Menard in Eau Claire Wis also around 1880. Both men were of French Canadian background being that their parents were born in Quebec. Matilda and Joseph Menard's great granddaughter's e-mail address is Mmmenard@aol.com

If you have any names such as Boisvert or Courchesne,Joyal,LaFond,Bibeau,Lemoyne,
Pinard,Gamelin,Boucher,Chevrefils that would be me.

I also have a list of all the Joseph Menards that were ever married in Quebec. It comes out of a all quebec marriage record book. I saw it when I was in Quebec in July, but I only copied the list of the Joseph Menard's that married. There were many many Menards on that list.

Roxanne

Mathilda Menard

C Goldsborough (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2000 12:57PM GMT
My grgrgrandmother was Matilda Menard-Minor (maybe Mathilda) I have no info on her family line - but do know from my mother that her mother had indian heritage (also wouldn't speak about it probably due to the stigma attached to it in those days) thought to be Seneca Indian from Canada.

I do know that Matilda married Charles Odette (aka Audette dit Lapointe) who was born in 1850 died 1918, so Matilda was most likely born prior to that. Of their union, my grgrandmother Uella was born.....

The family is known to have come from Canada ended up in Eue Claire, Wisconsin. Since the date places are familiar I thought maybe Charles was a 2nd husband or maybe there were two Mat(h)ilda Menards? cousins/sisters? Does anyone know?

Thanks
Posted: 18 Sep 2000 6:33PM GMT
Hi, I bet your Matilda was the daughter of Matilda and Joseph Menard. all thought I think they were married about 1880. Matilda was a Ausman and I am sure she was born in Germany. I don't know if the Menards had any Indian heritage. Matilda and Joseph's great granddaughters e-mail address is Mmmenard@aol.com They did live in
Eau Claire and how interesting that your ancestor was named Matilda too. E-mail her I am sure she can help you.
Roxanne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions