Search for content in message boards

Zachariah Moorman

Zachariah Moorman

Posted: 19 Aug 2000 8:03AM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2002 8:21PM GMT
Capt.Zachariah Moorman b.1620,Isle of Wright Engand.d.abt.1702 Nansemond Co.,Va. m.cira 1646 Belfast,Ireland. Mary Ann [ or Elizabeth?] Candler,d/o Lt/Col.William Candler, m1st unkn,2nd Ann [Widow of John Villers].
issue-1.Thomas Moorman b abt 1649,IOW,Eng.
d.1bt.1713.m.Elizabeth [?nee Clark]
Simpson.
2.Charles Moorman b.abt 1851,IOW,Eng.
P> n.f.t.
3.Sally Ann Moorman b.abt.1653,IOW,
Eng.m.abt.1669,Micajah Clark.
Zachariah Moorman embarked at Southhampton,
England,to America by way of Bardados,and S.C. to Nansemend Co.,Va. [1669] on the vessell "Glasgow". His father Thomas Moorman and unkn wife.

moormans

Patrician L. M. Stanley (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2001 2:06PM GMT
Dear Patrician,

Irecently read an email that you posted and became intrigued. I have recently been doing some research on my family name and the farthest back i can get is Charles Hancock Moorman who was born in Bedford County, VA. I was wondering if that was the same one that you mentioned on your posting?
I would really really really appreciate any help you can give. Please email me direct at mooemans3@yahoo.com.

Thank you in advance,
R. Michael Moorman

Moorman Family

Posted: 20 Jan 2001 3:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jan 2002 4:42AM GMT
Surnames: Moorman
Patricia,
I am also a decendent of Zachariah Moorman through his son Thomas I would like
to share information but, I am only as far back as you are. I do have alot of history
on related families and have hit some brick-
walls on some earlier generations. My Moorman family left Va. for Clinton Co Ohio,
later to Iowa.
Hope to hear from you,
Arlene Crawford

Re: Moorman Family

R. Michael Moorman (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2001 9:01AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2002 4:40AM GMT
Surnames: Moorman
Dear Arlene,

I read your message and wanted to write to you. I've always been told that our family tree went back to Zack Moorman who was born in 1620. Unfortunately, my research stops at Charles Hancock Moorman who was born in Bedford Co., VA. I would love to find out what you have, if anything, on these people.
I can get from now to C. H. Moorman but the census records at my library are illeligible. As far as I know we are related but i can't get all the details.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
R. Michael Moorman(Louisiana)

Charles Hancock Moorman

Posted: 21 Jan 2001 12:06PM GMT
Achilles Moorman b.1744,s/o Rachel Clark
and Thomas Moorman.,married Frances Herndon-
Issue
1.Thomas Clark Moorman b.1779,m/23 Dec.1804,Elizabeth H.Terrell.
2.Achilles Moorman,who d.1837.m.21 Sep.1819,
Mary S.Jones,d/o James Jones.
3.Edmond Moorman d.unmarried.
4.Mary Wilkins Moorman m. 23 Oct.1800,William
Hoythe.
5.Lafayette Moorman.
6.David Herndon Moorman,m 24 1807 Judith
Moorman.
7.Pleasant Moorman.m.Clarissa Pryon.
8.Patsy Moorman m.[1] Jeremiah Keen Terrell,
m[2] John Pleasant Terrell.
9.Elizabeth Moorman m.1800 John I.Moorman,s/o
Henry Moorman.
10/Fanny Moorman m.William Gallion.
11.Lettie Moorman m.Charles Ballou.
12.Charles Hancock Moorman b.29 Oct.1803,m.1829 Ann Chilton,d/o Dick Chilton.
I can't stay on here long so will send the rest to by way of wilpat@juno.com
Walk in Light Patricia.

descendant of Zachariah Moorman

Posted: 23 Jan 2001 10:07PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 6:52AM GMT
I too am a descendant of Zachariah Moorman. Generation eleven; Thomas moorman; b. circa 1589 Warwickshire; d; after 1920. Cildren of Thomas Moorman an unkn spouse; Zachariah. GENERAION TEN: Zachariah Moorman b; 1620 ISLE of Wight; m. Mary Elizabeth Candler Chilren: Thomas Charles Sally Ann GENERATON NINE: Thomas MOORMAN married Elizabeth(--?--) CHILDREN; Mary M.(--?-) Ellis Charles Andrew; m. Ann Diggs; m. Sarah "Sallie" Clark; m.Susan (Susanna) (--?--) before 1728; died after 1750 Anson Co. NC. GENERATION EIGHT: Charles Moorman b; Aug 29,1670 m. Elizabeth Reynolds Children: Thomas Judith Achilles Charles Anne GENERATION SEVEN: Thomas Moorman m. Rachel Clark Chldren; Mary Bollng Zachariah Clark Terrell Micajah Rachel Clark Elizabeth Mildred Achilles Herman Pleasant GENERATION SIX; Zachariah Moorman m. Elzabeth Terrell Children: Anna Mildred Rachel Thomas Samuel GENERATION FIVE: Henery Zachariah Moorman m. Elizabeth Christian Children: Lucy Ann Elizabeh Mildred Henry Terrell John Independnce Mary Ann Hunt Drury Christian Zachariah William GENERATION FOUR: Drury Christian Moorman m; Elizabeth Ann Dawson M; Sally Ann Lambert Children with Sally Ann Lambert: Denny Christian Charles Spottswood Susan Rose Elizabeth GENERATION THREE: Denny Christian Moorman and unknown spouse. Children: Drury GENERATION TWO: Drury Moorman m. Elizabeth Lybrook Children: Laurence ( I AM LOOKING FOR DECENDANTS OF LAURENCE).b;1886 Robert Lambert GENERATION ONE: Robert Lambert Moorman b;Nov.30,1890 m; Edna Bell1 Jun 1912 m; Lottie Taylor after 1920. d; Feb 18,1943 in Huntigton . W.Va buried LaMesa, Co.at age 52. Chldren with Edna Bell: Robert Lambert m; Hattie Holub ( Their children, John, Barbara Ann, Joseph,) Lucille m; William Peifer (no children) John Willam "BILLY" Moorman, b;Nov.7, 1918. Wierton, W.Va. d; may 1975 Aberdeen, Wash.m; Athalia "Faye" Jordan. Children; Lois lynn b;jun.24, 1944 d; 1999 Diabetes Edna Louise Charmaine Lee Rebecca Sue Robert Oden b; feb.03, 1952 d; 1997 reneal cell cancer. Claudia Ann I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE CONTACT WITH DECENDENTS OF LAURENCE MOORMAN....E-mail RUDYFROMWA@webtv.net
Posted: 3 Feb 2001 11:40AM GMT

Moorman Family

Posted: 7 Feb 2001 9:57AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2002 4:36AM GMT
Surnames: Moorman, Clark, Reynolds, Chandler
Micheal,
Thank you for replying I am a descent of Thomas Moorman and his wife Racheal Clark
Charles Hancock Moorman would be the nephew of my Zachariah Moorman and who is a brother of Achilles father of Charles H. Moorman.
Thomas Moorman b 9-14,1705 Louisa CO.Va.
m. Racheal Clark 1-12,1730. Thomas son of
Charles Moorman and Elizabeth Reynolds,
Charles son of Thomas Moorman and Elzabeth
Micajah ? possibly Clark m. abt 1686 New Kent
Va. This Thomas was the son of Zachariah
Moorman b.abt 1620 and Mary Chandler. I Hope this helps you. The Moorman family were Quakers and there is a great deal of information in the existing Quaker records.
I have other information if you would like it contact me at acjc629@AOL.com
Arlene Crawford

Moorman Family

Posted: 7 Feb 2001 10:07AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 6:28PM GMT
Micheal,
Thank you for replying I am a descent of Thomas Moorman and his wife Racheal Clark
Charles Hancock Moorman would be the nephew of my Zachariah Moorman and who is a brother of Achilles father of Charles H. Moorman.
Thomas Moorman b 9-14,1705 Louisa CO.Va.
m. Racheal Clark 1-12,1730. Thomas son of
Charles Moorman and Elizabeth Reynolds,
Charles son of Thomas Moorman and Elzabeth
Micajah ? possibly Clark m. abt 1686 New Kent
Va. This Thomas was the son of Zachariah
Moorman b.abt 1620 and Mary Chandler. I Hope this helps you. The Moorman family were Quakers and there is a great deal of information in the existing Quaker records.
I have other information if you would like it contact me at acjc629@AOL.com
Arlene Crawford

Alice Moorman d.aft 1667 Virginia

Posted: 23 Feb 2001 3:29PM GMT
Edited: 11 Apr 2002 11:36PM GMT
Surnames: Moorman, Gray, Clark
Arlene, im trying to find into on Alice Moorman, born 1622 in England died 1667 in Virginia she was married to Francis Gray also from England...wondering if it might ring a bell, as i noticed you also mentioned the surname Clark, which is also in my family line..??!! just trying to find some info on her, as i have none. thanks J.B.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic