Search for content in message boards

Presleys from Oklahoma/Mississippi

Bob Presley (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2000 8:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Nov 2008 12:40PM GMT
Surnames: Presley
If anyone has presley relatives from this area, drop me an email.ADA and Box Oklahoma

Presleys from Oklahoma/Mississippi (Charles Coleman Presley)

Posted: 9 Feb 2000 10:16AM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2008 12:40PM GMT
My father was born at Gray Horse OK.

Presleys from Oklahoma/Mississippi (Indian Bob Presley; Mississippi)

Don Shoulders (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2000 2:56PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2008 12:41PM GMT
Surnames: Presley
Hi Bob,
My Great Granddad was Indian Bob Presley. He was half Chocktaw indian and he married a full blooded Chocktaw squaw and had at least 7 children by this union. Harvey Frank, Bob, Ellen, Ida, twin boys jessy and william, and Bessie. They moved to Smith Co. Tennessee and My grandpa, Harvy Frank Presley, lived in trousdale Co Tenn. when a young man and apprenticed under his father as a Blacksmith and finally Moved to Nashville Tennessee, Davidson Co. Here he spent the rest of his life and died in 1987 at age of 97 years. It would be nice for someone to tie this all together someway cause prior to this we haven't a clue. My great great uncle and the Brother to Indian Bob Presley was Daniel Boone Presley who came to smith from Mississippi as a young boy with the rest of the family. Boone as he was called lived to be 102 years and died in 1952. It has been said that Indian Bob's family immigrated with a group on the "Trail of Tears" in the mass migration of Indians in the early 1800's I can't verify much other than heresay.

Hope this Helps. Waiting to here from you

Don Shoulders

Presleys from Oklahoma/Mississippi (Indian Bob Presley; Mississippi)

Bob Presley (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2000 8:27PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2008 12:41PM GMT
Hi Don, sorry I didnt get back right away, just got your message. I believe I had relatives Ida and Jessy, but those were common names back then, anyway I just started with this genealogy thing, so I will have to get back with you, Do you have any prior info on the Presley name, before the trail of tears? Anyways drop me line ill do the same when I have some info. Bob

Lois Allen (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2000 9:19PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2008 12:42PM GMT
Surnames: Presley, Hales
I am responding to your message on the board about Presley family in Mississippi. I am new at this and researching my father's family tree. It appears that a Mary J. Hales married a presley in Lauderdale County. Her husband left her a widow at the age of 39 in 1920. Her mother was named Sarah Abby Hales. She had 6 children, Etha, William, Mary A., Leon J., Laura A., and Bessie E. I would love to hear from you if you have any information about this family. Thanks.

Lois

Presleys from Oklahoma/Mississippi (Otto Presley)

Posted: 20 Mar 2000 9:05PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2008 12:59PM GMT
Surnames: Presley, Perkins, Ducan
My husband grandfather is from MS. His name is Otto Presley.Born 7/10/1890. His SS application says he was born in Vian OK but family talk says he came from MS. He had a sister living in OK. Otto married Pearl Perkins from OK. Otto died Sept. 1976. His parents are listed as Jim (James)? presley and Mary (Polly) Duncan from MS. Maybe we connect. grandmaw@alltel.net

Presleys from Oklahoma/Mississippi (John Presley)

Posted: 17 Oct 2000 1:38PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2008 1:00PM GMT
Surnames: Presley, Simms, Sims
Hello, my gggrandfather, John Presley, born in NC,
married my ggggrandmother,Amanda Presley, in Itawamba
Co, MS approximately 1840s. She was previously married
to a Simms or Sims. They had children together who were
named Joel Alsbury, John, Sterling, Missouri, Aroma and
Frances Athalee, my ggrandmother. Most of their children

Presleys from Oklahoma/Mississippi (John Presley)

Posted: 30 Nov 2000 7:09PM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2008 1:00PM GMT
Surnames: Presley, Norton
My great-grandfather was John Pressley born in 1873, I think the date to be 1882 or 1883. He was born in Tn but lived and died in Madison County, NC. He married Julia Stines Norton on Dec 7, 1902 and they had a son Charles Floyd Pressley June 13, 1903 in White Rock, NC (Madison County). If you have information you can contact me at AIpox@AOL.COM Thamk you.

Posted: 3 Jan 2006 12:44AM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2008 12:58PM GMT
Surnames: PRESLEY
Am researching Presleys from Smith and White Counties in Tennessee for a friend who believes there is Indian blood in her family. Her grandfather was Roscoe Presley, son of a Bill Presley according to her family. Roscoe was born circa 1894 but am having trouble finding the correct Bill or William that was his father. Do you have any more info on those Presleys who came to that area of Tn?

Re: Presleys from Oklahoma/Mississippi (John Presley)

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 5:46AM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2008 1:05PM GMT
Surnames: Presley, Wells
I saw your message from 2000. Joel Alsbury was my husband's great grandfather.

Here is how Keith's line goes:

John Presley 1799 N.C. married Marinda R. 1817 GA., their children (birth years may be off by a year or 2) all born in Miss. are:

William Presley 1845
Lawrence Presley 1846
Joel A Presley** Keith's great grandfather 1850
John Presley 1851
Sterling Presley 1853
Missouri E Presley1854 6
Aroma Presley 1857 3
Frances Presley 1860

Joel A. Presley 4/2/1850 married Sarah "Elizabeth" Wells 5/18/54 (apparently went by this). They had the following childern all born in Ark.:

John Presley 1877**Keith's grandfather

Mary T. Presley 1878

Caledona Presley 1880

Apparently Sarah Elizabeth died shortly after 1880, and he married Eurydice C Presley, lived in Chickasaw Nation Indian Territory, and had the following additional children:

Wesley Presley 1882 Ark. (Not sure whether Sarah or Eurydice was his mom)
Lawrence Presley 1886 Ark. (Not sure whether Sarah or Eurydice was his mom)
Oliver Presley 1890 Tx.
Theodore Presley 1892 Tx.
Dora Presley 1892 (twins) Tx.

John Pressley 3/2/1877 Ark. married Florence Tidmore 9/1886 AL. and had the following children:

Noble Presley 5/24/04 Died at 20 yrs.

John D. Presley, went by Jake 4/30/16. He had 2 sons by 2 wives. One passed away, and Bob lives near Austin, Tx. He is a Deputy Superintendent of the School District.

Van Presley 1/27/07 used both Presley and Pressley with different wives. He has 2 older daughters, Joyce Dorsey and Fran Maier, were both Presley's. His son Reid is a Pressley by a different wife. All live in CA. Van passed away about 16-18 years ago.

Geneva Presley 8/18/13 married ??Finley. They had 2 daughters, Sandy who passed away about 5 years ago of cancer, and Janice Hopper who lives here in CA.

Kyle Presley 7/31/09, Kyle "Keith's" dad married Leone Ratcliffe 4/28/09, and had 3 sons, Keith, Desmond Noble Pressley, Stewart "Blake" Pressley. Then he married Mildred and had 2 daughters, Eva Presley and Mary Presley. Keith and his brothers had no contact with their other family until about 3 years ago when I found them through research over the computer. His dad passed away in 1963.

Thelma Presley, don't know DOB, died at 8 yrs.

Clarence Presley was apparently stillborn.

Most of these Presley's lived in Texas and Oklahoma. I am stuck at 1799. Curious to see if any of this fits with your Presley's.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic