Search for content in message boards

Family history all Swallow's

Family history all Swallow's

John Swallow (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SWALLOW, MALLINDER, BELL, FORDER
Hi to all. I'm new to this part of Roots so bear with me. Have a database of Swallow's, about 1400 names 90% with additional data, some of it very good quality. Leave a message and I'll have a look at my data to try to sort your unkowns. Would like confirmation and additional information in exchange. Member of UK Guild of Onename Studies. Otherwise known as "GOONS" !!!
Posted: 2 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Nov 2006 12:38AM GMT
Surnames: SWALLOW CORRIGAN
Am related to Swallow family through my mother's mother Eizabeth Jane Swallow. Have information on the William Swallow family back through John Swallow to George Swallow of Delaware (USA), but am stuck there. Believe that this particular George was born in Delaware, but have no idea as to where his parents came from, when they came over, etc. Any help would be very much appreciated.

SWALLOW

Posted: 3 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BELL, FORDER, MALLINDER, SWALLOW
Would be pleased to help but will need all the date information that you can provide. If you can give birth place that woudl increase my chance of finding them.

Re: SWALLOW

Posted: 1 Aug 2001 6:38AM GMT
Edited: 14 May 2002 4:42AM GMT
This is part of my line from Sylvanus Swallow, born in (New) Kent County, Delaware February 28, 1776.

Sylvanus was the oldest of 12 children. His father was John Swallow, born in (New) Kent County Delaware in 1746. It is thought by some that Sylvanus's mother's name was Mary Ann or Anna Mary but I have not seen anything that tells the origin of this name.

John left Delaware and went to North Carolina some time between 1776 and 1782. He left North Carolina in 1805 and settled in Montgomery County Ohio.

John Swallow's (b. 1746) parents were George Swallow and Joanna (last name unknown). He had two brothers: Silvenus and George Swallow. They were also born in (New) Kent County, as far as we know. George Swallow, father to the three brothers, died about 1749/50 when they were all under the age of 14. He died in (New) Kent County Delaware.

I have seen a posting that gives George Swallow's birth year as 1718 but I don't know where this comes from.

The story I have is that there were two brothers, James and John, who came from Scotland. One settled in Massachusetts and the other settled in a colony further South. No dates for this story.

I can trace down from John and his children but am interested in finding out about John's (1746) parents and grandparents.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Swallow

Deanna Hofmann (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2001 10:48PM GMT
My Mom (Winifred maiden name Swallow) and I are looking for information about John M. Swallow born in Delaware circa 1795. He married Martha Van Matre December 28, 1820 in Green County, PA. He died March of 1843 and is buried in Letart Falls, Meigs County Ohio. I do not know his parents names, however his children's names are Sarah Ann, Hiram Heaton, Mary Elizabeth, William Merchant, Martha, and Priscilla. Could your William be the brother of my John M.? Have you any dates to help make the connection?

Re: Swallow - no attachments

Posted: 22 Sep 2001 9:33AM GMT
At this time 90+% of my SWALLOW's are UK based but I will have a look. If you care to give me more information about your immediate tree, including dates and place of birth, I will include it my data base.

Currently extracting all SWALLOW individuals from the UK 1881 census and will then move on to the 1851. Our 1901 census has just been digitised but I have yet to use it for real but that will be another big task for me to undertake.

Sometimes, therefore, my replies to enquiries get a bit extended.

In these troubled times I would like you to know that the general opinion over here (UK) and my own is to fully support what the politicians have decided must be done. Muslims are not responsible, just a few lunatics.

Best wishes

John.
researching BELL MALLINDER SWALLOW

Re: Family history all Swallow's

Posted: 3 Oct 2001 3:51PM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2002 4:17PM GMT
Hello John,
I'm a descendant of the Swallows from Harpenden, Kimpton and Wheathampstead.
My grandmother was Ellen Swallow dob26 February 1881 how convenient for the 1881.
Her father Enock dob 4 December 1842
His father Thomas (Swaller) dob 26th May 1812
His father George Swallow dob 1772
His father John Swallow (Jno) 1728
His father John Swallow (Jno) 1698
His father John Swallow 1670 (origin names!)
The last three I have yet to totally confirm.
Do you have any further info, I expect these are already amongst your collection of names
Chris Abbott

Posted: 8 Oct 2001 1:14AM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2002 4:41PM GMT
I am looking for any information on Ambrose Swallow. He was born in England about the year 1640.He immigrated to Dunstable Massachussetts United States about 1666 and married Mary Martin 1668. I would like to find his parents line in England. He was reputed to be a manufacturer of gunpowder and might have left England for Holland before comming to the U.S.. Any help would be appreciated. Have traced my line back through the Swallows of South Paris and Buckfield Maine

Posted: 21 Oct 2001 5:19PM GMT
Sorry for delay in replying. new computer installed with usual attendant problems including woodworking!

Will look for Ambrose but it will be a while as there are many more in the queue ahead of you
Be in touch

John

Posted: 22 Oct 2001 1:50AM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2002 4:41PM GMT
Would you have any info on Ambrose Swallow born about 1640 in England Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic