Search for content in message boards

Maud Gaunt / Carter Family

Maud Gaunt / Carter Family

Posted: 30 Dec 2011 10:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gaunt Carter
I'm looking for some help with a particularly difficult part of my tree. I'm trying to locate my gg-grandpa on my fathers side. I know very little about him other than his name, Leonard Carter. Sometimes Leo, sometimes Lee, and I've seen it with a "V" for a middle initial. Born in Oct 1884 in Missouri. I know his wife's name was Maud Elnor Gaunt, born Dec 27, 1888 in Prairie View, Kansas. Died Sept 1980. Together they had 2 children: Margaret Carter born 1910 and died young, as well as Edwin Leonard Carter who was born in 1911 and died in 1948. I'm trying to find as much information as I can about Leonard Carter. I have conflicting census reports saying they were married in Missouri in 1910 and that they resided there. But also another 1910 census report saying that a married Maud Gaunt lives in El Paso County, Colorado. I can not locate any other census records for Leonard Carter, and know that Maud Gaunt/Carter later married a Jack McAfee. ANY information or help you can provide would be wonderful! I have been stuck on this for over a year!! PLEASE HELP!! Thank you!

Re: Maud Gaunt / Carter Family

Posted: 1 Jan 2012 4:51PM GMT
Hey.....Trying to help you with your search. Where was Edwin Leonard Carter and Margaret Carter born ?

Posted: 1 Jan 2012 10:22PM GMT
From your own family tree you have both parents listed for him. It appears they (the parents) are both buried in El Reno Cemetery, Canadian Co., OK.
Have you obtained their obituaries to see if he is mentioned? Also, you have several siblings listed for him. Any obits for them to determine where Leonard was?

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 6:09AM GMT
I see all your work on these carters i have an enigma on some carters down here in missouri,John Frank carter,and his son William lee carter,near lexington,laffayette county in 1940 then back down to howell county near ,ountain view,where he died in 1967 ,but i need to know where they came from to missouri,and who was john frank carters father.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic