Search for content in message boards

W R Wehsack- I V Birtles

W R Wehsack- I V Birtles

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 10:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wehsack, Birtles, Watts
After information about the marriage between Wilhelm Robert Wehsack and Iris Valinda Birtles in 1928. It is possible that this marriage was also annulled in 1928. Iris Valinda Wehsack was noted as being a widow, and that she married J H Watts in 1928. Information sought for an 84 year old gentleman.
Is there any way to confirm that the marriage was annulled? Where do you look? Thank you.

Re: W R Wehsack- I V Birtles

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 1:14PM GMT
The first marriage certificate usually has a notation added if there was an annullment or divorce.

Debra

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 1:59PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 28 Dec 2012 2:05PM GMT
Surnames: Wehsack, Birtles, Watts
Hi
You appear to have both marriages in the same year but they were two years apart.

Victoria BMD

Iris Velinda BIRTLE married Wm Robt WEHSACK 1926
Iris Valinda BIRTLE married Jas Henry WATTS 1928

Below is a notice in the papers that may fit if wife had left him.

The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1956)(about) Previous issue Saturday 9 July 1927

I, W R Wehsack, of 8O Bridge rd , Richmond, will not be responsible for Debts contracted in my name without written authority.

Perhaps divorce might the step to investigate.

Did Iris have a daughter Shirley...see article below

The Courier-Mail (Brisbane, Qld. : 1933 - 1954)Thursday 21 March 1946
WOULD Iris Valinda Watts, of Port Melbourne, communicate Police Department, Brisbane, matter very urgent, daughter Shirley very ill. Everything else will be entirely forgotten.

Cheers
Tania

Divorced W R Wehsack- I V Birtles

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 2:10PM GMT
Surnames: Birtles, Wehsack
Hi
Here is the Divorce notice

The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1956)(about) Previous issue Monday 14 November 1927

William Robert Wehsack aged 22 years shopkeeper, of Elizabeth Street Richmond petitioned for divorce from Iris Velinda Wehsack, aged 20 years, of Hodgson terrace, Richmond, on the ground of misconduct. Roy Lakeman, of Bosisto street, Richmond, was joined as co-respondent
The marriage took place in 1926, and there is
one child. A decree nisi, with costs against the co-respondent, was granted.

Cheers
Tania

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 10:29PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Milton
Hi again

Is it possible that Iris married a third time. Found an Iris Valinda MILTON in Qld from 1954 to 1968 possible husband Ronald Martin MILTON.

Sorry if you already have this information.

Cheers
Tania

Re: Divorced W R Wehsack- I V Birtles

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 11:07AM GMT
Hello Tania,
Thank you for your information. I was turning myself inside out looking for information on Iris Valinda Birtles. She is the mother of our dear friend Bill who is 85 years old, he always believed that he was illegitimate. He was told that the marriage was annulled. As soon as I saw your replies, I rang him, he was so happy. He has always called himself William David Watts. That is how I and all his friends know him. I'm betting that he is actually William David Wehsack. Iris left James Watts and went to Qld with another man. Bill believes his name to be Ron, and yes he had a sister named Shirley. Do you have any information re Iris's death? Where she is buried? At one stage Bill wanted to join the navy, but they came back that they couldn't find his birth certificate. (All makes sense). You don't know how happy you have made Bill at his time of life. Many, many thank yous. Regards from Raylene (and Bill)

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 11:15AM GMT
Hello again Tania,
Bill has other siblings.
Shirley Watts
Vernon Watts
Keith Watts
Clive Watts.

Bill's mother Iris was the sister of Francis Birtles, the adventurer who rode a bicycle from Fremantle to Melbourne back in about 1927.
Bill thinks his mother died in about 1968, so the information you sent would be right... (we hope)
Again, thank you so much.
Raylene.

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 12:27PM GMT
Surnames: Birtles, Wehsack, Watts, Milton
Hi Raylene

So glad to have been able to help you and Bill out. Perhaps now Bill will be able to find his birth certificate.

It seems that William Robert WEHSACK may have changed or used different surname - WILSON see death notices below for WILLIAM ROBERT and also his father WILLIAM

Found his father's death

WILSON-WEHSACK. — On the 1st June, of Melbourne, Willam, relict of Clara, and beloved father of William Robert, aged 74 years. —At rest. (Privately interred on the 3rd June.)

WILLIAM ROBERT's Death notices

The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1956)(about) Previous issue Tuesday 2 March 1954 Next issue

WEHSACK, William Robert.—On March 1, at his home, dearly loved son-in-law of Charlotte McAlpine. -Peacefully sleeping.
WEHSACK, William Robert.—On March 1, at his home, 47 Sutherland road. Armadale, beloved brother-in-law of George and Rosemary, uncle of Bruce. Ian. David, and Grace. -In God's care.
WEHSACK, William Robert.—On March 1 (suddenly), at his home, 47 Sutherland road, Armadale, beloved
brother-in-law of Lance and Rae, -Ever remembered, our pal.

WILSON (Wehsack), William Robert. - On March 1 (suddenly), at his residence, 47 Sutherland road. Armadale, dearly loved husband of Elsie, aged 49 years. -At
rest.

WILSON (Wehsack).—The Funeral of the late Mr. WILLIAM ROBERT WILSON will leave his residence, 47 Sutherland road, Armadale, TOMORROW (Wednes- day), after a service commencing atFix this text 1.45 p.m., for the St. Kilda Cemetery.

Cemetery ST KILDA GENERAL CEMETERY
Given Names WILLIAM
Surname WEHSACK
Religion NONE
Date of Service 3/03/1954
Age 49
Burial Type BURIED
Location Details CHURCH OF ENGLAND, MONUMENTAL, COMPARTMENT D GRAVE 189
Public Grave N
Tenure Date IN PERPETUITY - FOR ALL TIME

Iris Valinda MILTON was in the District of DAWSON subdistrict: Eidsvold in 1968 I would suggest you try this area for her burial. Qld deaths online only go to 1964.

I will try and see what else I can find.

Kind regards
Tania

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 8:56AM GMT
Hello Tania,
Once again, thank you for the information. Bill is really excited by all the family history he now knows. I think he is going to try and get a copy of his birth certificate. I will help him, where I can. I copied your information and have sent it to him.
Where should I approach (in Queensland) to try and get the information on Iris? Can I go through BDM? I think I can access information after a person has been deceased for 30 yrs or more?
Kind Regards from Raylene on behalf of Bill Watts

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 11:15AM GMT
Surnames: Wehsack, Westbury
Hi Raylene

Site below should answer your questions about death certificate for Iris. Remember her middlename seems to have been spelt two ways Valinda and Velinda. This may help in finding her. This is what I love about genealogy helping someone solve a family mystery even if it has taken them a life time. Please give Bill my regards and if I can help in any other way please let me know....as I live in Queensland.

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/justice-services/births-deaths...

Also found that Clara WEHSACK died 1929 and her husband William WEHSACK died 1940 (Bill's Grandparents) are buried at Boroondara General Cemetery Grave Location: C/E C 3998 Section: Church of England

Marriage Victoria
Wm WEHSACK married Clara WESTBURY 1898

Birth Victoria
Wm Robt WEHSACK b: 1904 Richmond Vic
Father: Wm Mother Clara Elizth WESTBURY

Cheers
Tania
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions