Search for content in message boards

Briggs Family

Briggs Family

Posted: 21 May 2012 5:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Briggs,Lapoint, Huntsberry,Wilcox
Hi my name is Troy Briggs born in Abbeville, La.Father is Enery Briggs Jr.(T-man) His father was Enery Briggs Sr. and His Father was Lofty Briggs sr. I grew up working in mouton cove on the farm my dad was rice farmer. And my Grandmother maiden name was Alma Huntsberry. Went home 2 weeks ago spoke to my cousin Darryl Briggs and found out good information that im still researching about how succesful Lofty Brigss Sr. was. Spoke to my uncle Calvin Briggs who lives in California who was raised in Mouton Cove says he have good information on Lofty Briggs Sr. Im going visit him In Late June.I think Lofty Briggs Sr. wife name was Sarah Wilcox from Kentucky anyone have any additional information please let me know. Thanks God Bless Troy Briggs

Re: Briggs Family

Posted: 21 May 2012 3:27PM GMT
1880 Census of Vermilion Parish, Louisiana
Ward 7, p. 89/17A

Lofty T. Briggs 58 B m Farmer b. LA, f.b. KY, m.b. KY
Lethe Briggs 53 Mu f wife b. LA, f.b. MD, m.b. MD
Lofty T. Briggs 23 Mu m son Labor b. LA, f.b. LA, m.b. LA
Cyrus F. Briggs 22 Mu m son Labor b. LA, f.b. LA, m.b. LA
Sylville Brown 88 Mu f mother b. KY, f.b. KY, m.b. KY
Betsy Hegiton 77 B f boarder b. MD, f.b. MD, m.b. MD
Edward B. Briggs26 Mu m son farming LA LA LA
Lethe Briggs 22 Mu f d-i-l LA LA LA
Henry H. Briggs 1 Mu m grandson LA LA LA

Posted: 21 May 2012 6:24PM GMT
Troy, would like to correspond with you via email about the Briggs family descendants of Lofty T. Briggs Sr. My email address is smok25@hotmail.com. Please contact me via that mode. I have information to share on Lofty. Regards, Jim samuels

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 3:13AM GMT
Surnames: Briggs and Huntsberry
Hello, cousin Troy. I am also a descendant of Lofty T Briggs. He was my 3x great grandfather and his son William Anderson Briggs is my 2x great grandfather. William Brigg's son Thomas E Briggs is my great grandfather. His daughter Olivia Briggs is my grandmother. I see that Cousin James Samuels has contacted you. I have been trying to find more information on the Briggs family and the Huntsberry Family. I can be contacted at danthony930@yahoo.com.

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 1:09AM GMT
Reason Briggs is my great-grandfather and he was married to ellen briggs and they had my grandmother viola briggs sawyer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions