Search for content in message boards

Account book names, 1878

Account book names, 1878

Posted: 12 Aug 2007 11:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Do you recognize any of these names found in an 1878 account book? Thomas Dawson, I. W. Lacy, Peter Burleson, O.K. Chittenden, W. A. Cro(?a)ker, James Coleman, Henry Goodman, Stubblefield, William Goodlet, Chas. Hunt, Theodocio Sanchez, Matt Cosby, Jack Caton, Buck Casey, Bob Regan, William Wrion, Doss, Robt. Cowan, Thos. Henderson, Dr. South, S.M. Keith, James Gregory, Richard Steele, John O'Neal, Judd, Miles Razado, B. D. Barnes, Dr. Lundlan, Frenchy, Mar___Beardsley, Conroy, Hodding, Col. Hunt, Wilcox, A.H. Carez or Cavez, Dodge, Joseph Curtis, Al Tison, Wm. Dee, Sam Newam, M. W. Mills, George Morrison, Robt. Allen, Knapp, Sheldon,Martin Willo_ G(?)ulah?

Re: Account book names, 1878

Posted: 13 Aug 2007 3:19PM GMT
Yes, These are leading Colfax County citizens. What do you want to know? Whose account book? etc.

Nancy

Posted: 14 Aug 2007 2:26AM GMT
I'm trying to find out what part of Colfax County. Do you know if Dr. H.V. Lundlum and Dr. South and the men listed above would have been in the Raton (or north of Raton) area, or in the area of Black Lakes and Cimarron? There are daily entries for some of these men primarily in March, but some in April and May of 1878.

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 3:38PM GMT
Which of these people are you looking for? In 1878 Cimarron was the main center.
There is an S.V. Ludlum in Cimarron on the 1878 Assessment.
Henry Ludlum, Physician, was listed on the 1879 Cimarron Tax Valuation, and on the 1880 Census with his wife, Emma.
Ernest m Mable Carrington, born in Elizabethton in 1888, Children: Kenneth and Ernestine, who m Richard Lentfer. They are listed on the 1885 census, in Raton, etc.

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 6:22PM GMT
Thanks. I wasn't trying to find a person, but to find where my great-grandfather was at that time. I'll write you.

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 6:39PM GMT
N., thought I had your address, but it's not handy. What this book is is apparently a saloon account book because entries include accounts for various drinks, cigars, pool, billiards, and cash drawn. The names I listed are names who have accounts in the book. I knew my great-grandfather was in Colfax Co. for a time before moving to Mora Co., & I was using these names to help verify his whereabouts in 1878. Thanks!

Posted: 15 Aug 2007 6:56PM GMT
What was your grandfather's name?

robertsonnl@msn.com

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 6:50AM GMT
Could you share the entries for IW Lacy? Did you get the location info you were looking for, I think Nancy is the authority on that.

Posted: 18 Feb 2012 10:24PM GMT
Hi, I.W. Lacy was listed in my great-grandparents account book, which lists items people purchased and some accounts of room and board. I have no genealogical information on him. If you're related to him, you may be interested in knowing the little "every-days" that were on his page. It's been a few years, & I can't remember off the top of my head where it is. I can try to contact you when I find it if you want to include contact info. BTW, you're probably aware there are many Lacys in early VA & KY.

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 4:57AM GMT
Yes, I am interested, he is my ggg grandfather. I will send you a message with contact info. Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions