Search for content in message boards

Need help locating stillborn records

Need help locating stillborn records

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 4:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
My parents lived briefly in Plymouth back in the late 40s. While there, my mother gave birth to a full-term stillborn son. I never knew the date, only that it was when my other brother "was a little fellow." Since my brother's birthday is April 1944, I can put the stillborn between 1945 - 1947. My parents had left Plymouth by 1948. The child was not given a name, and I have no information on burial.

Does anyone know the procedure for searching for a stillborn record in NC? With given name and no birth date, I'm not sure what to do.

Re: Need help locating stillborn records

Posted: 27 Sep 2010 12:28AM GMT
I believe that the birth records in Washington County NC contain 'stillbirth ' records,,,saying no name given, if that is the case. It does list the parents names.
good luck
Jenny

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 3:39PM GMT
Ancestry.com has birth and death records for North Carolina covering that time period. They even have scans of the actual death certificates.

If you don't have ancestry, then I can look it up for you. You can e-mail me at glroberts@cox.net if you don't want to post the information here. I'd need the name of your father, as the birth records do not always show the mother's name.

Cathy

Posted: 18 Aug 2012 10:47PM GMT
Surnames: Dawkins
It looks like it's been a couple of years since you created this post. Thought I would give it a shot in hopes that you may still be lingering around. Was wondering if you had any luck ...

As for myself, I am searching for my brother.

I was told that my brother was a "stillborn", 1969 is the year. I was told that his name was Scott Duval or (Duvall) Dawkins. Father's name: Herman J. Dawkins, Mother's name: Barbara H. Dawkins.

I have looked all over Ancestry, no luck yet.

I have contacted vital records of Jacksonville, FL, they were kind enough to look it up and tell me that there isn't a record of such person.

I then contacted Georgia, they want me to pay to find out whether there is a record or not so I have not pursued that as of yet.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I'm wondering how to find the record OR if by some chance my brother is floating around some where.

Thanks for reading.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions