Search for content in message boards

Stanley Cemeteries?

Stanley Cemeteries?

Posted: 5 Sep 2005 5:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Oct 2006 5:33PM GMT
Surnames: Schmidt, Paap, Brandt
I have relatives that are probably buried in Stanley. Looking for list of Cemeteries/death index/obits etc. The names are Henry Schmidt Sr. wife Wilhelmina (Minnie) nee Schauer. Also, Richard and Anna (Annie) Paap nee Schmidt and Bart Brandt and wife Minnie nee Schmidt. Henry Sr. was born 1867 Germany died Jan. 28, 1953. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Stanley Cemeteries?

Posted: 29 May 2012 8:13AM GMT
Chippewa Co. historical society published a book that lists all the people that have headstones in the county. I'd start with that and then put in requests on web site "find a grave". The catholic cemetery and public right next to it has a directory published on the sign at the entrance. Those two cemeteries are the largest in the town. Hope this helps.

Paul

Posted: 31 May 2012 6:28PM GMT
ok thanks for your help. I'll check it out. Joan

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 9:07PM GMT
I have a suggestion for you. Write to Lyle and Brandt. His address is N13808 Fairview Ave, Stanley, Wi. 54768. He is about 75 or so and he might know who you are looking for. I was reading your post and there are 2 other cemeteries in Stanley. the one north of town is a Lutheran cemetery [Evergreen] and a very small one east of town. You could try contacting the Stanley Historical Society at 228 Helgerson St. Stanley.715-644-0464.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic