Search for content in message boards

Joseph Henry Harding 1896 Birmingham -Australia 1913

Joseph Henry Harding 1896 Birmingham -Australia 1913

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 3:09PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Harding
Hello I am looking for information for a Joseph Henry Harding born in 1896 in Birmingham; an electroplate worker, or working in the Jewellery trade. Immigration records show he went to Melbourne in 1913 but can not find any information for him in the Australian records.

If you have any information I would love to hear from you

thanks

Re: Joseph Henry Harding 1896 Birmingham -Australia 1913

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 8:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
"Australia Death Index, 1787-1985" has two Joseph Henry Hardings. One says born in Prahran, Victoria and a matching birth record can be found, but here's the other one.

Name: Joseph Henry Harding
Death Place: Nhill, Victoria
Father's Name: Harry
Mother's Name: Angeline Churchman
Registration Year: 1959
Registration Place: Victoria
Registration number: 23720
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1882

The birth year is obviously rather different from what you've got. Do you have any information on your Joseph Henry Harding's parents' names?

There are also numerous Joseph Hardings with no middle name specified, I think you'd really need parents' names, again, to look at them with any confidence.

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 9:06PM GMT
Hello, the father is William Henry Harding and the mother is Gertrude Leah Jones. Thank you

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 9:47PM GMT
Hi Rachel,

Yeah, I had a look from your profile and found those names, I was just having a search around now. Sorry to say I couldn't find anything in ancestry.com.au's death or marriage records that matched.

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 9:59PM GMT
Ok Thanks very much for looking, it could have been the case that he was just visiting Australia in 1913 and moved on to somewhere else
per page

Find a board about a specific topic