Search for content in message boards

ISO: Samuel Houston MILLIGAN of TN - parent help please

ISO: Samuel Houston MILLIGAN of TN - parent help please

Posted: 11 Jul 2012 11:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MILLIGAN
I beleive I have the right parents for my gggf Samuel Houston Milligan but can not confirm it.

Samuel Houston MILLIGAN (abt1829 - 7 Feb 1891) married Mary LOFTICE (1840-?) on 23 Oct. 1849 in Blount County, TN

Several other members have his parents listed as Julius Washington MILLIGAN Sr (1777-1839) and Catherine HART.

On one site I read they had the following children, and my grandfather was not listed as one of them.

John A Milligan (1793 – 1892)

Julius Washington Milligan Jr. (1800 – ?1850)

Barton Milligan (1824 – )

William Riley Milligan (1825 – 1877)

Mynatt Milligan (1826 – )

What leads me to beleive so far that I am on the right track, is the 1850 census shows the following male Milligan's living in blount county:

Baitly - 26
Ma*Natt - 24
Saml. - 21

What is even more interesting is that Saml. had a female, Kathl. 63 years old that was born in KY living with him. I really believe that this is Catherine.

Is there anyone out there that can support my hunch!

TYIA!
Brandy Davis

Granddaughter of Edith Berry Bohanan, Great Granddaughter of Margaret Sue Dee MILLIGAN Berry, GG granddaughter of James Deadrick MILLIGAN, GGG granddaughter of Samuel Houston MILLIGAN

Re: ISO: Samuel Houston MILLIGAN of TN - parent help please

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 2:21AM GMT
Surnames: Millican
I am hoping that everyone from Julius Washington Milligan's line post pictures of the relatives they might have prior to 1940. So many of us have no pictures to compare with. I see some of my other lines that have a picture for almost everyone. The second request is to give copies of your letters , etc to a large genealogical society. Then, future generations will not forget.

Re: ISO: Samuel Houston MILLIGAN of TN - parent help please

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 2:21AM GMT
Surnames: Millican
I am hoping that everyone from Julius Washington Milligan's line post pictures of the relatives they might have prior to 1940. So many of us have no pictures to compare with. I see some of my other lines that have a picture for almost everyone. The second request is to give copies of your letters , etc to a large genealogical society. Then, future generations will not forget.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic