Search for content in message boards

ALFRED PEACOCK/John Erwin/John William/PEACOCK TEXAS

ALFRED PEACOCK/John Erwin/John William/PEACOCK TEXAS

Posted: 3 Apr 2007 9:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PEACOCK/WILSON/BILBERRY/BRAZELL/O'REAR/ANDERSON/BRYAN/
Still researching the Alfred Peacock Family from S.C. to Texas. Would like to find anyone who is researching, OR descendants of this line. Alfred married Sely Keating, then Lovinia Bradley. Would also like information on the female lines too. Son of Alfred was John Erwin married Martha Ann Anderson, and his son was Bill (John William). My line is William "Bill" Peacock who married Maggie Roden Wilson. Three brothers founded the town of Peacock, Texas (previously known as Alluvia).
Willing to correspond with any and all. Will share what I have. It is thought that Alfred is the son of Samuel (Barnwell county) but I would like proof. Who was Samuel's spouse? Further back is Henry Peacock son of Robert (England). Does anyone know who the spouses of these Peacock men are? Alfred and family were in Alabama, Georgia, and Texas. Would like to find some of our missing links! Allied lines are Brazell/O'Rear, Anderson, Bryan, Walker/Wilson, Bilberry, Horn, Barton.
Thank you!
Nancy Hough
rockartgal2@earthlink.net

Re: ALFRED PEACOCK/John Erwin/John William/PEACOCK TEXAS

Posted: 5 Apr 2007 3:39PM GMT
I found this in the book "Children of Levi Peacock"

"Alfred Peacock(ca. 1795-1883), who purchased the Levi Peacock family Bible, was born in S.C., probably Barnwell County, to unknown parents. He had moved to Washington COunty, GA in time to enlist for the War of 1812 there-in Freeman's Squadron, the same unit as Levi's sons John Thomas and Jesse Peacock. In 1813, he married Sely Keating(sic; perhaps actually a Keaton) in Twiggs County, GA, but he was living in Wilkinson County by 1822, when he was serving as a justice of the peace. He married Lavina Bradley there in 1827, but moved to Wilcox County, AL within two years, possibly because of financial embarrassments: His 125 acre farm was auctioned off in 1829 to satisfy a judgement in favor of John Tully. He moved again to Conecuh County, Al around 1837, to Caddo Parish, LA by 1850; Lafayette County, AR by 1860; and finally Johnson County, TX by 1870. Just why he wanted the family Bible so badly when it wasn't even his own family's remains a mystery--but since the births of several of Alfred's children appear to be recorded in the Bible record handed down in the family of Lewis Levi Peacock, there was apparently a close connection between the two families."

I know this doesn't give you alot of info that you probably don't already have, but thought you might want it anyhow. There really isn't any other mention of Alfred in the book other than to try and justify some wrong entries of children by a Bessie Cooper. The author believes that she had somehow given some of Alfred's childrens births as the children of Jesse Peacock. Molton ( May 18, 1818) and Seily (Dec 24, 1820). And possibly Elizabeth (Feb 1, 1823)and Alban (1825).

Posted: 6 Apr 2007 11:38PM GMT
I thank you for posting this! I never bought the book, because we have never connected our Alfred to the "main" Peacock branch....but it is a bit odd that some of Alfred's children were in that bible.....they had to be related in some way...but we just cnnot find the proof we need to connect them......It is THOUGHT by some researchers that Alfred is a son of Samuel Peacock of SC, but nothing to prove that for certain. The statement that his land was auctioned off in 1829 is certainly new to me! Again, thank you for your reply and information. I appreciate it.
Nancy

Timeline for Alfred:
1795, S. C.,
1813 , Twiggs Co, Ga. (marriage to Sely),
1827 Wilkinson Co, Ga.,
1830 census of Wilcox Co., Al shows 5 boys and 4 girls in Alfred's
household.
1833 Alabama,
Bounty Land, Caddo Parish, La., Dec. 3 1850, age 55
1850 Census, Caddo Parrish, La. age 58
1850 and 1851 Caddo Parish, La.,
Filed for pension, Cass County, Tx. Feb 12 1856 at age 61
1856 Lafayette Co, Ar
Filed for Pension Johnson Co., Tx., Dec 24, 1850 age 80
and from 1865 until his death in Johnson Co., Tx.
He lived with his daughter, Susan, in 1870, in Grandview, Tx.
Pension filed: Dec 24, 1874, both wives dead at that time, and granted
on April 24, 1875.

Posted: 30 Jul 2007 3:50PM GMT
I am searching for William Peacock, who was married by 1880 and was living in a boarding house in Atlanta, Georgia, and he was a druggist by profession, and he had a daughter, Juanita, who was the wife of Melvin Reginold Amerman of the State of Kansas. By the year of 1900, the Peacock family was living in Atchinson County, Kansas and William had two daughters, Juanita and name unknown of the other daughter, any genealogical information would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much, kitty

Posted: 31 Jul 2007 12:11AM GMT
I'm sorry, but I don't have any information on your William Peacock....our William was never in Kansas. Perhaps someone else who reads this might be of help to you.

PEACOCK - TEXAS

Posted: 31 Jul 2007 2:55PM GMT
Surnames: William J. Peacock - Texas
William J Peacock, Jasper/Newton County TX 1850-60 m Octavia
children: Mary Roach Peacock, Claibourn, Susan, William J., Benjamin F. and Robert. William J. Peacock migrated to TX from LA. Census states he was bn in TN ca 1807. Looking for a connection for this fellow.

Posted: 19 Sep 2007 2:02PM GMT
Kitty: I looked in my papers and couldn't find who you are looking for. But if you can give me a little more info. on his parents perhaps I can help. John William Peacock was my great grandpa and John E. my great great and Alfred my great great great. William Victor Peacock was my grandpa and his youngest son Curtis Victor Peacock was my dad. I am Gerard Peacock and my twin brother is Gerald. Hope to hear from you. Gerard

Posted: 19 Sep 2007 6:03PM GMT
Gerard,
We are cousins......hello there! My grandmother's brother was William Victor Peacock. My grandmother was Ella Peacock Cardell. Did we correspond before at some time?
My email is rockartgal2@earthlink.net.
From the information that Kitty has given us, it doesn't look like her line is the same Peacock line as ours, but there are some missing links, so it might be possible.
Nancy

Re: PEACOCK - TEXAS

Posted: 19 Sep 2007 6:08PM GMT
Jo Ann,

Early records for our family are a bit sketchy, but none of these names are familiar to me. There are several different (possibly unrelated) Peacock families in Texas.
I don't see a connection to our line, but further research might prove me wrong.
Wish I was more help, but this doesn't sound like it would be our line.
Nancy

Posted: 19 Sep 2007 7:56PM GMT
Nancy; Its nice to be able to get a hold of you. I dont know if you heard about any of William Victor Peacocks children, Uncle Jake died about 7 years ago in utah and Curtis my dad died march 11th 2005 grants pass oregon and uncle Lee died 2 months ago there in Arizona. Gerald and I are still among the living, how are you and your family doing? You can e-mail me at peacock_1957@yahoo.com Thank you; Gerard
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions