Search for content in message boards

Ancestor search: Nelson, Ward

Ancestor search: Nelson, Ward

Mark Rollins (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nelson, Ward
Searching for information on any of the above, trying to trace ancestors back to Horatia Ward, daughter of Horatio Nelson.

Nelson,Ward

John Napier-Winch (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Nelson, Ward
I am researching the Nelsons of Norfolk of which Ann Nelson who was born at Holkham Hall 1865 who married Thomas Ward of London.

Shore/Ward

Posted: 3 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2002 8:05PM GMT
The only information I have is my gg grandfather, who's name was Samuel Shore and his wife, Alice Ward. They had a son named Charles A. Shore. If this is the same family line, please contact me. Samuel and Alice were born in England as far as I know.

Re: Nelson,Ward

pamela j groves (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2002 3:16PM GMT
hello my hubby Stephen is the grandson of WILLIAM FREDERICK NELSON born 20 June 1875 in holkham norfolk uk. have you seen this name at all. I have not yet seen the 1891 census to find him. I already have him from the 1881 census though, but need to know if he went to South Africa with his parents before the boar war started. So please if you can help with any info I would be pleased to hear from you. thankyou in advance. from Pamela

Posted: 22 Mar 2002 9:14PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2004 8:43PM GMT
Hi
I am doing our family tree and researching and am at present reading a book on Nelson. I have read many and will get into more as the years go by.
i am kind of excited after reading your message as I am related to Nelson through my Grandma. Her name was Hilda May Nelson. her birth certificate is listed in Somerset.
As you know there is a lot to discuss here so I will wait to hear from you on this subject before going any further.
i am also in touch with others on the Nelson family,and his life period
looking forward to your reply.
I am only on email 2-3 times a week.
A. Schilte

Posted: 5 Feb 2003 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: Nelson
Hi
I am hoping to get some response to whomever had a relative born in norfolk england related probably to myself through Grandma Hilda May Nelson who's Mother was Emma whos mother was Horatia Nelson. Granddaughter of Lady Hamilton and LordHoratia Nelson.
is there not someone out there who has relatives of theirs who can prove it.??love to hear from you.
a.d.

Posted: 5 Feb 2003 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: Nelson/Dukes
Hi
I am hoping to get some response to whomever had a relative born in norfolk england related probably to myself through Grandma Hilda May Nelson who's Mother was Emma whos mother was Horatia Nelson. Granddaughter of Lady Hamilton and LordHoratia Nelson.
is there not someone out there who has relatives of theirs who can prove it.??love to hear from you.
a.d.

Mark Rollins (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2003 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: Nelson, Ward, Shaw, Shore
Hi,

I'm hoping to establish a link back to Horatia Nelson, daughter of Lord Nelson. I know she married a Rev. Philip Ward and had eight children.
My gg grandfather was a Shaw or Shore, and he would probably have been the son of one of Horatia's daughters (since he wasn't a Ward)
This has puzzled our family since my g grandmother died 20 years ago, but we know there is a link. Grateful for any info.

Posted: 24 Feb 2003 12:04AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2004 5:11PM GMT
Surnames: nelson
i am looking for he book on the nelson history. i have been told that there is a book. but i do not know the name of the book or where i can purchase the book. my nelson family is from west virginia, and maryland. a second cousin told me of the book, but she did not know the name of the book either. she is of the simmons. her mothers name was ester nelson.
esters fathers name is abraham n. nelson. mother arcelia canfield. my email address dagui26935@aol.com

Posted: 4 Apr 2003 3:32AM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2003 11:02PM GMT
hello. My gggggrandfather was horatio nelson. i am related to horatia nelson. i am not sure from what child of hers it was but my g grandfather was charlie jenkinson and g grandmother was (doris) phyllis banham who had sons keith, and william jenkinson. can you help me fill in the missing pieces?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions