Search for content in message boards

Updated FTM 2014 now wipes AMT home person on sync

Updated FTM 2014 now wipes AMT home person on sync

Posted: 25 Feb 2014 11:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
I've just applied the "required update" to FTM 2014 (so it's now on version 22.0.0.260), and although the sync still seems to work, it clears the "Home person" from my online tree every time. The Home Person still shows correctly in FTM itself, but whenever it syncs the Home Person in Ancestry.co.uk disappears, and I'm prompted to add one again. Has anyone else seen this? It's not disastrous, but it's very annoying, and makes me worry what other things the sync might be doing wrong! What's the best way to report bugs like this to Ancestry? (though given the long history of sync bugs in FTM, I don't hold out much hope for a quick fix)

Re: Updated FTM 2014 now wipes AMT home person on sync

Posted: 25 Feb 2014 12:56PM GMT
There has been some discussion on another board. See: http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.ancestry.ancsite/13365/mb....

Feedback inffo for Ancestry/FTM is on this link: http://help.ancestry.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/970/kw/prog...
There is a specific one for FTM listed. Or you can call.

Posted: 25 Feb 2014 3:41PM GMT
Thanks for that - I'd searched for "Home Person" in the FTM discussions and didn't see anything appropriate, but hadn't noticed the discussion you mention. Yes, that sounds like the same problem, and I'm certain it was introduced with the last update, because I often sync in both directions and use "Home" on the website, and I've never had this problem before. At least it sounds like ancestry are aware of it.

Posted: 16 Mar 2014 1:21PM GMT
I'm seeing this also but have differences from the other reportings of this phenomenon. I use the FTM2012 not FTM2014. I also mostly sync from Ancestry to FTM (rarely using FTM to edit my tree and then only to clean up things like location names). Also my last sync was 4 days ago and I have made no changes in Ancestry yet I got the "missing Home Person" message when I logged in this morning. However when I accessed my wife's tree I found she was properly set as her Home Person. It's also not specific to one computer. If I access both trees on another computer I experience the same results as on this one.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions