Search for content in message boards

Requests for color selection in Family Tree Maker 2015

Posted: 26 Feb 2014 12:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Feb 2014 12:31PM GMT

What I want is that you can change in the Pedigree View, background in which his name appears and the year

I want to change the color using the Windows color palette that you can do with the text that you write in Personal Notes and Research Notes

Why this because you get a better overview what you are doing and see what you will get on with your research without opening each person and look at the facts about if something is missing. I can use the facts and then use the filters in the index but it takes longer to do so.

The highlighting is done the first time you enter the person FTM and have noted the first facts.

See the picture 1

Some examples of how to use the colors

Red color here, there is something wrong
Green color that person is completely finished investigated
Blue color here, there are records of several relatives who are just in Research Notes
Yellow color here is missing the many facts

Is there anyone else who thinks this is a good idea?

Greetings
lnilsson193
Attachments:

Re: Requests for color selection in Family Tree Maker 2015

Posted: 26 Feb 2014 4:51PM GMT
I can see where SOME may use it, but afraid I would not.

Posted: 26 Feb 2014 5:20PM GMT
I like this idea and would use it.

Posted: 26 Feb 2014 7:05PM GMT
I wouldn't be bothered with it.

Perhaps people that are more visually oriented than I would have a use for it.

Posted: 26 Feb 2014 9:06PM GMT
I should have included that I do not use or like the "Family View", so why would I like any coloring to go with it.

Posted: 27 Feb 2014 9:22PM GMT
This is basically the same as a request I put in years ago, what I called "quality indicators". If you are working on several trees and they are getting quite large, it would be very useful to have some visual indicator to let you quickly determine the areas of the tree that still need work. I think colours would work fine for this, and should be optionally visible in any view where people are shown in a tree or list (for example the Index listing). It should be possible to turn this colour-encoding display on/off with a click of a button.

I would also suggest that the meaning of the colour codes should be user-definable, and that it should be possible to filter the Index list by colour.

Posted: 14 Jun 2014 11:38AM GMT
Yep - I like this idea, but I'd like a wide colour pallet to chose from, and the ability to set conditional colourisation rules. Similar to rules that might find in popular spreadsheet programmes under conditional formatting. Just with potentially 100+ rules, not 3!

I find it very difficult to visualise where I have missing data in my family tree.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic