.... 2 John (Jr.) Robinson
.... 2 Ann Robinson
.... 2 Jean Robinson

Robinson/Moore/Fite

v. (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robinson
Do you know of any of them went to Wilson Cty Tenn?
One of the Fite girls married a Robinson.......and there
are similiar Lincoln Cty names in Old Wilson/Dekalb County..Tenn

William Robinson and Anna Torrence

Roy Robinson (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ROBINSON, TORRENCE
I have recently discovered that John Robinson Sr d c Mar 1784 is the father of the William Robinson born bet 1750-1758 in Tryon Co, NC and died in Bond Co,IL about 1821, who married Anna Torrence b Oct 8, 1762 and died in Bond Co,IL after 1821. The William Robinson family moved into the Greenville precinct of Bond Co, IL in 1816. They lived one year at Lindley's Fort and in the fall of 1817 settled one and a half miles from where Greenville, IL now stands. This was before IL statehood. They had a number of outstanding children, several marrying Lincoln Co, NC spouses. I have a copy of William's will posted online at the url below. If interested I have other info concerning William.

Robinson Family of southern Lincoln Co, NC

Posted: 15 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ROBINSON, TORRENCE
The John Robinson, SR d.1784 and son William Robinson (d.1821 in IL) ,who married Anna Torrence, were all from southern Lincoln Co,NC (now Gaston Co). I have more information on these southern Lincoln Co. Torrence's also.

As much as I can determine, this Robinson family was not connected with other Robinson families in the county and not connected to the Job Robinson family of the same southern county area.

Robinson

Bonnie McCarson (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Holdsclaw
I am looking for ancestors of my ggrandmother, Mollie Viola Robinson (1874-1953). She m. Claude Henry Holdsclaw and lived at Sherrills Ford, Catawba Co., NC. Before the 1840's Catawba Co. was part of Lincoln Co. NC.

Torrances/Torrences in Lincoln Co., NC

David Drew (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Torrance, Torrence
I am trying to locate information on the Torrences of Lincoln and Gaston Counties in North Carolina. I have dates on much of the research I have done but I want to find out if there are details such as religion, American Revolution participants, War of 1812 participants.
The ones I have located to that area are:
Hugh Torrance b. 10/15/1732 in Ireland d. abt 1813 in Lincoln, Co., NC He married Mary Brown b. 9/1/1738.

Hugh Torrence b. 6/21/1778 in Lincoln Co., NC d. 12/11/1848
in Gaston Co., NC. He married Peggy Ashe in Abt 1803
Any information you have would be appreciated.

Torrences of old Lincoln Co, NC

Posted: 16 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: TORRENCE
The two Hugh Torrences that you reference are a father and his youngest son. That son is my 4G-grandfather. The Torrences were Presbyterian and Hugh Torrence (1778-1848) is buried at Olney Presbyterian Church cemetery in Gastonia, NC. Contact me for further information.

Re: Torrences of old Lincoln Co, NC

Ann (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2001 6:39PM GMT
Surnames: Torrence, Rush
Researching Torrence in SC. Have you found info on any who may have moved into SC? I can only go back as far as my g, Clemons Clifford Torrence, born in 1883, but lived in Richland County with his sister, Mrs. Mac(k) Roberts. His m was Virginia Ellen (Rush) Torrence of Kershaw County, Bear Creek Section, his father's name was Richard Torrence of unknown birthdate, origin, death, or burial site.

I found a Torrence in the 1800 Chester Co., SC, census on the SCGenWeb site;would anyone have access to that record?

Any suggestions as to possible next direction(s) I may go to find more info?

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 23 Jul 2001 5:37PM GMT
Sorry, but I have no info on the Torrences of SC.

Ann (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2001 1:29PM GMT
Surnames: Torrence
Thanks. I was hopeful since the SC 1850 Census lists a Hugh B and a Margaret T.A. Torrence in the York District. Was curious as to whether they were originally from NC. I have only been able to locate a couple Tarrens who settled in Charleston, SC early on and were listed in the 1790 Census there; and one of them seemed to have witnessed a will in NC.

Still on the "trail"; thought my family may have originated from the Charleston area until I realized so many were in the NC area. Since the two states were one area originally and there are Torrences in the SC censuses in York,Fairfield,and Richland Counties in SC, I was hopeful someone may have known of an ancestor of my great grandfather Richard Torrence who had possible moved "a few miles south."

Thanks again...
(Other surnames connected to my family include Rush, Sherrar, Shirah)

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions