Search for content in message boards

roy saunders/saunders history in virginia

roy saunders/saunders history in virginia

david rosenberger (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2001 6:04AM GMT
I am looking for a website concerning saunders family history in virginia that was set up by the widow of roy saunders who died about one year ago.I was corresponding with roy prior to his death concerning saunders in virginia.Any assistance would be helpful

Re: roy saunders/saunders history in virginia

Posted: 8 Jul 2001 12:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SAUNDERS/BAKER

Hi David...I have just this day seen all of your posts re the Saunders family. We share this lineage as I am the granddaughter of Mary Welby SAUNDERS Baker. Please contact me ASAP so we can share what we know. This has to be good news for both of us. Bette Baker McIntosh --bmcintosh@new.rr.com

Marge (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2002 8:33PM GMT
Just read this message board today. My farthest back Saunders is James, b. abt 1719, m abt 1737 and died 17 apr1778 both in Loudoun Cnty, VA, List 10 children, the 9th being my ancestor Moses, b. 1767, another Moses b 1803, married Elizabeth Blackstone in Fleming Cnty, KY also died there 1886. His Jonathan Smith Saunders immigrated to Kansas where my grandmother Laura was born in 1872.
I have notes of some farther back, but nothing verified that far. Let me know if any of these fit in with yours. Marge

David Rosenberger (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2002 1:38PM GMT
Dear Marge---I am related to a James Saunders but he (along with most of my relatives ) lived and had property in Buckingham Co. Virginia.My relative James may have been born around 1720 and may have married a Sarah Schrimshire.I feel that my branch of the Saunders may well have come from New Kent Co. Va. and be descented from William and Elizabeth who lived ther in mid/late 1600s There seem to have been several Saunders lines in 17th/18th century Va.! Good luck with your search! David Rosenberger

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 2:25PM GMT
My name is James Woodward Saunders. I believe I am related to Julias Saunders
Roy Saunders or Jesse,

I have recently read your note on a message board regarding family histories. My Great, Great + Grandfather was Claiborne Saunders. Eliza Jane Normente was also a relation.However I have not been able to make any connectioins with her family. Claiborne was the son of Cleyburn Saunders and Betsy Muse.Cleyburn was the son of Julius Saunders and Jemimo Woodward.My immediate family and for several generations, were in east Texas. However, I now live in South Africa. You brief message seems to suggest I may have a connection.

If you could direct me to a posted site I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Jim Saunders

per page

Find a board about a specific topic