Search for content in message boards

Marie Joyce Evans

Marie Joyce Evans

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 1:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Evans, Davies
I have been researching my family history for the past 5 years and i have hit a real brickwall when it comes to my grandmothrs family.

Her name is Marie Joyce Evans (Born 19 Jun 1917) and she was married to Rupert Percy Nichols (born 27 Jan 1916) in 1938 in Parramatta NSW and they had 3 children Ruby, Warren (my father) and Trevor.

I know that her fathers name is George Joseph Evans and her mothers name was Doris Davies and that the family was from wales.

I also know that she had siblings I believe that she had 2 sisters and 1 brother. But I do not have any other information on her family. If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated

Kind regards

Janine

Re: Marie Joyce Evans

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 2:03AM GMT
Hi Janine,

When you say that the family was from Wales, was Marie born in Australia or Wales?

Debra

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 2:19AM GMT
Hiyas,
Marie must have been born in NSW as this appears to be her parents marriage
9520/1913 EVANS GEORGE J DAVIS DORIS I ST PETERS

This marriage certificate should name ages, birthplaces and parents.

Kellie

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 2:25AM GMT
I am trying to find this information out as I have not been able to find her in Australia and have not been able to get any where with the Wales sites

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 2:29AM GMT
Hi,
There is a WW1 record for George at naa.gov.au.
States he was born in Cumberland NSW, was 23yo in 1916 and his NOK was wife Doris Isabelle.

Possible deaths from NSW BDM
26892/1963 EVANS DORIS ISOBELL HENRY EMILY JANE PARRAMATTA
68758/1973 EVANS DORIS ISABELL THEODORE CECIL ESTHER ELVINA WAUCHOPE

Kellie

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 2:35AM GMT
Do you have Marie's marriage cert? You need to know her place of birth to go any further. Evans is a very common name and you may end up following the wrong family if you don't have documentation.

If that is her parents marriage that Kellie has posted, then you will find George's WW1 service record at the NAA. It seems from the electoral rolls that George and Doris may have separated early on. He seems to have been up to something as he keeps changing his name in the letters contained in his service record.

http://dhistory.org/archives/naa/items/1909262/

Debra

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 2:46AM GMT
Hi,
Possible birth
1896 Davies Doris Isabella at Aston in the county of Warwickshire

Kellie

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 3:07AM GMT
The NSW Police Gazettes show a George Joseph EVANS who deserted his wife Isabel in 1924.

This may be related:

The Brisbane Courier, 17 April, 1930

Arrears of Maintenance - Arrears of maintenance amounting to £115, led to the arrest of George Joseph Evans, a recent arrival in Warwick, two days ago. The order was originally taken out in New South Wales. Evans was taken to Brisbane, where he will serve a sentence of six months.

Debra

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 11:42AM GMT

Electoral Roll
Doris Isabell EVANS Burrangaroo Rd Toongabbie

Doris Isabell EVANS Burrangaroo Rd Toongabbie
Sybil June EVANS, winder Burrangaroo Rd Toongabbie

Doris Isabell EVANS 39 Aurelia St Toongabbie
Sybil June EVANS, winder 39 Aurelia St Toongabbie

Sybil might be the sister of Marie Joyce EVANS?

Of general interest to you if he was 7th Battalion...

Using Trove, search with Rupert Nichols to find a photo and article Womens Weekly 22 Apr 1944 page 17.

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 10:02PM GMT
Thank you so Much

I have not been able to find anything on Sybil before this so thank you ever so much.

Also I have the information on Rupert Percy Nichols He is my grandfather and I have had no problems in following leads on his family but my grandmothers Marie Joyce Evans had me at a brick wall so thank you for that information it is very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Janine Harris nee Nichols
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions