Search for content in message boards

Merge not downloading images

Merge not downloading images

Posted: 28 Feb 2014 12:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have noticed since the recent update that the merge feature doesn't always download the image. It may have been happening before, but it has happened a number of times since the update. After selecting the merge the dialog comes up as normal, but on the final page there is no mention of the image, either to link to an existing copy, or to download a new copy. Backing out of the process to select something else, then returning to the problem record will eventually result in the download - but it sometimes requires two or three attempts. A variant of the problem is that on one occasion the image name was weird - the full URL or something similar rather than a sensible name. Retrying several times finally produced a sensible name.

NB: This is happening with images I don't already have - it isn't just a case of linking to a previously downloaded image.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Re: Merge not downloading images

Posted: 28 Feb 2014 2:50PM GMT
Do you mean media that you have uploaded or saved from another tree or do you mean citation media (census pages and the like)?

I've noticed that the citation media does not always copy over in recent syncs.

Posted: 28 Feb 2014 2:52PM GMT
I've noticed it since the last patch with citation media.

Just another annoyance.

Rosemary

Posted: 28 Feb 2014 3:28PM GMT
Citation media when merging into FTM after a web search.

I seem to be able to get it to work by trying several times - backing out, going back in etc. Eventually it will copy it down. It is annoying though.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions