Search for content in message boards

Johnson

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 7:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for info relating to George and Helga Johnson. Last known to live in Orfordville, Rock, Wisconsin in 1940 census. They had 2 daughters; Anita Bernice and Hazel. I think Anita is buried in the lutheran cemetery at Orfordville(d. 1936). Anyone info on what became of George, Helga and Hazel will be appreciated.
Posted: 22 Feb 2013 8:12PM GMT
There are 17 Helga Johnsons buried in Wisconsin at Find A Grave. Why don't you check them out and see if any of them are yours? Without further information, it's hard to help as Johnson is such a common name in Wisconsin.

Re: Johnson

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 8:17PM GMT
Thank you, i have checked Findagrave and see no matches. Both George and Helga were born in 1888 and emigrated from Norway to Wisconsin in 1907. They appear on census up to, and including 1940 in Rock County. After that i cannot locate them or daughter, Hazel.

Re: Johnson

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 7:45PM GMT
I am also looking for information on this family. I am helping my cousin who is in Norway. Perhaps you are related! I would be interested to hear if you found any information. Hazel Johnson seems to be a common name.

You can email me at helsethj@hotmail.com

Re: Johnson, WI

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 11:29AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: JOHNSON
Name: Anita B Johnson
Birth Date: 1914
Age at Death: 22
Death Date: 1936
Burial Place:Orfordville Lutheran Cemetery,Orfordville, Rock County, Wisconsin

Re: Johnson, WI

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 3:25PM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2013 3:39PM GMT
Let's add that 1940 census mentioned. If you know the names of the parents of George or Helga, please add those. Parents' names appear on death records, so those names could lead you - and the forum - to a date and place of death for George and Helga. (In fact it could be difficult to identify them without that information.) Basically, add as much as you can about them. Thanks!

Orfordville, Rock, Wisconsin
George Johnson 52 b abt 1888 Wisconsin
Helga Johnson 51 b abt 1889 Norway
Harol Johnson 60 daughter b Wisconsin

[Harol age 60 = Hazol age 20]
per page

Find a board about a specific topic