Search for content in message boards

Currie/Kinder in Home

Currie/Kinder in Home

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 5:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Currie, Kinder
I'm looking for 2 of my 3 great aunts that live in Homer for years, Bertha Currie Kinder (B 1892 and died in the 1950-1960s) and Mignonette "Minnie" Currie (b in 1889 and died in the 1950-1960s). I cannot find death records, obits or cemetery listings (Google searches, Find A Grave). They also had another sister, Ruby Mae Currie (b 1898) that lived in Vivian, LA. Minnie and Ruby Mae never married. Hope someone can give me some insight. Thanks!! Kay

Re: Currie/Kinder in Home

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 6:18PM GMT
I am not related. Was this Bertha Janet Currie who was born 1892 in TX and married Clyde Kinder? If so, there is an entry for her on Rootsweb's WorldConnect site which says she died 27 Feb 1927. You might check this out.

Sandra

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 6:53PM GMT
Thanks for the reply. Yes, that is the correct Bertha, but that death date is for her sister, Harriet; there is a mixup that is being carried on. All three aunts died sometime after I was born in 1953...I remember them.

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 11:44PM GMT
OK, I found Bertha - the LA Secretary of State has some death records online - it says through 1956, but apparently they have added more.

Kinder, Bertha Currie, died April 26, 1960, Bienville Parish, Page 652, Volume 5 (you can order death record)

I did not find Minnie, so she may have died later and this site does not have a record. There was a Minnie Bell Gresham Currie, but I didn't think that was her.

Here's the URL: www.sos.la.gov/tabid

Sandra

Re: Currie/Kinder in Homer

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 3:42AM GMT
Thanks so much for looking and for the link to the site...it will come in handy. The TX death certificates list the cemetery...I wonder if LA does too...Thanks again.

Re: Currie/Kinder in Homer

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 1:46PM GMT
I got in such a hurry I left off part of the URL:

www.sos.la.gov/tabid/640/Default.aspx

I would imagine death certificates are pretty standard, but I have never seen one from LA. At least it might give the name of the funeral home.

Sandra
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions