Search for content in message boards

HOOVER, VANDERPOOL, SHAFFER, BENNETT

HOOVER, VANDERPOOL, SHAFFER, BENNETT

Posted: 8 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Aug 2001 4:51PM GMT
Surnames: HOOVER, VANDERPOOL, SHAFFER, BENNETT
Is there anyone else out there looking for any of the above names in this county?? I just discovered my great grandparents parents names so I am beginning my search.
Fred Hoover and Lizzy Vanderpool; Minor Hoover and Mabel Bennett; or Lizzy Shaffer and Dabius Bennett??
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Verna

Maybel Bennett

Posted: 27 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Oct 2001 4:28AM GMT
Surnames: Bennett, Roberts

I have a great grandmother Maybel Bennett, she was married to Clarence Bennett. My Maybel's maiden name was Roberts and she was born in 1892. I would like any information you may have on the Roberts if you can link your Maybel with them. I know that Clarence is kin to the Bennetts of Bradford County Pa.

Re: Maybel Bennett

Posted: 8 Aug 2001 2:24AM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2002 12:45PM GMT
Surnames: BENNETT
I am researching the Bennett Family from Bradford Co. PA
Thomas H. Bennett b 6-9-1810 in Bradford co, Pa Married Viana or Vian Johnson born 1-30-1827 I believe this marriage took place in Ky. Both are listed in the 1850 &1860 censes in Bath County, KY. We are looking for siblings and parents of Thomas. We don't know if he left PA by himself or if his family moved there. I would suspect that he went by himself as I dont find any reference to any other Bennett in the censes records. If you have any info please contact me at jwb40@warpnet.net Thanks so much

Re: HOOVER, VANDERPOOL, SHAFFER, BENNETT

Allan Bennett (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2002 11:03PM GMT
My great-grandparents, Darius Bennett and Elizabeth Shaffer Bennett, are buried in the Wyalusing Cemetery. They had 8 children. Their oldest daughter, Mabel, married Minor Hoover. Another daughter, Roxanna, married a Vanderpool.

If you are interested in more information about Darius and Elizabeth's family and ancestors, feel free to e-mail me at allan.bennett@verizon.net

evalyn carpenter (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2005 3:10AM GMT
Minor Hoover and Mabel Bennett Hoover were my aunt and uncle. Uncle Minor was my father's brother. Their parents were indeed Fred and Lizzy Hoover. My father Andrew Hoover died in 1973 and I think uncle Minor died a couple of years after that. I now live just outside of Erie, PA. Please feel free to email me at the above address.

evalyn carpenter (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2005 3:14AM GMT
sorry, forgot to give you my email address; it is evalync@velocity.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions