Search for content in message boards

PRISONER LIST

PRISONER LIST

Posted: 12 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 4:17PM GMT
Surnames: THOMPSON, SAYMAN, PERSONIUS, MAYO
WOULD LIKE TO CONACT ANY ONE WITH LIST OF UNION SOLDIERS HELD PRISONERS AT RICHMOND VA AND DIED THERE. ALSO ANY INFO ON SAYMAN/MAYO FAMILIES

Libby Prison

Pam Dalton (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BANE
Trying to find Prisoner Book for Libby Prison years 1863 and 1864.

James F.Bane was with the PA 22nd Calvary guarding the mail when he and 8 other soldiers were captured and taken to Libby Prison even though only 1 man was a corporal, the other men were all privates, October 13, 1863. By March 29, 1864 James Bane was carried out to the "Dead House". We have not been able to find what happened when these prisoners died, were they cremated or buried?

Re: PRISONER LIST

Sueski (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2002 4:36AM GMT
Neal,
I am researching the FOUT family....
my PHILIP FOUT was married to a HARRIET MAYO, they were married in ROCKBRIDGE, Va.

Philip is buried in Arcadia, VA...we cant find HARRIET..we do know she was burned to death, due to her careless smoking of a pipe..but cant locate her final resting place.

In 1916, she was still alive, and collecting funds from PHILIP FOUTs civil war vets fund.

Thanks for any help you might give.
Sueski

Re: Libby Prison

Posted: 5 May 2007 12:31PM GMT
Surnames: Reed
just wondering if you ever found out anyhting about Libby Prison, a list of inmates, or anything? I cant help you at all but was wondering if you had found anyhting. I am looking to locate information on Albert Reed who was born in Niles Michigan in 1836, he did die in Libby prison leaving a wife & children, his wife was Nancy Hanover, have not been able to even locate what became of her.........hope someone can help dig up info on the inmates of this prison
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions