Search for content in message boards

John Ferrell

John Ferrell

kem farr (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2002 10:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am tracking the Ferrells of Ferrells Branch in Coffee Co. Tn and at Garrison Fork of the Duck River in Middle Tenn. Some of this family I have information back to 1811 and before Tenn origins. Some of this family moved close to my direct line Ferrells near Short Mountain at Woodbury. My family lived at Short Mountain from as early as 1805.
I am trying to find where John Ferrell and his wife Jane Ferrell came from. They had 10 kids Alexander Calhoun Ferrell, Jane Ferrell, John Ferrell Jr, Martha Ferrell, Charles Ferrell,Enoch Ferrell, William Ferrell, Elizabeth Ferrell,Margaret Ferrell, and Ann Ferrell.
My John Ferrell had will dated 1827 Warren Co. Tenn. He owned land at Hurricane creek of the Caney Fork in present Dekalb Co. by 1824 This John Ferrells wife Jane could have been a Blanton by maiden name. Am writing book "From Powder to the Cannon" Would like to share info

Re: John Ferrell

Posted: 8 Jan 2003 5:54AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2003 5:15AM GMT
There is John , Enoch & William(my Grandfather) in our
family . My mother was a Ferrell ,Married my father, Edward
Hood , her name is Lula Elizabeth. Maybe same family !
I have some information on family . Grandfather was born in
Tn. my mother knew his brothers and sisters , but as my
grandfather moved to Alabama prior to marrying grandmother
(Katie Elizabeth Wright Simpson) she doesn't know much about his parents , we have a picture of his mother. Have been searching for some time now . There is also some info on John Ferrell,Jr. Thanks , Joan Elizabeth

Dianne Ferrell (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2003 7:12PM GMT
While searching for my John and Catherine Ferrell/Farrell, I have come across several records of a John and Jane Ferrell/Farrell in Wilkes Co., GA during the time period you are referring to. I didn't keep any of the information regarding them or I'd offer to send it to you.

Posted: 23 Jan 2003 8:57PM GMT
I am looking for a Smith Ferrell of Overton/Fentress counties TN. May have come from KY. May have had a brother William Ferrell and Smith Ferrell's wife may have been Mary McCown born abt. 1775 in VA. SMith Ferrel may have been born 1752-1758 in York, PA.

Pearlie Duncan Walker (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2003 5:29PM GMT
Surnames: Ferrells, Duncan's
Hello John,
My grandmother was a Ferrell and had several sets of twins in her family, tho she was not. But, there was a John Nealy and Joe Alexandra born 1877 and I am wondering if you came from this line. I am now 74. Their dad was James Lewis who lived with us after his wife Jane Hanson Ferrell died and he was sick... lived to be 99 years 10 months and 27 days. His father was William Lowe Ferrell. If you are related to any of this family... give me an email please. :-)
wildfern@attbi.net

Vicki B. Roach (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2006 4:30AM GMT
Surnames: Ferrell/Eaker
I would love to exchange information with you about this line. I descend through William Lowe Ferrell's line by way of his daughter, Martha Jane Lowe Ferrell.
Martha married Daniel Wesley Eaker.

Posted: 1 Jan 2007 1:14AM GMT
Surnames: FERRELL, MASON, MOORE, YOUNG, GUNTER, BLANTON
I've been away from the message for a while. My mother's family (FERRELL) was from Cannon County, TN around Short Mountain.
my FERRELL line:

my mother:
Mary FERRELL OWENS; b. 10-07-1913, TN; d. 11-20-2004, TN
William Henry FERRELL; b. 01-21-1873, TN; d. 07-31-1923, TN
James William Ferrell; b. 03-11-1851, TN; d. 04-15-1914, TN
William D. Ferrell; b. 01-10-1822, TN; d. 09-19-1897, TN
Enoch Ferrell; b. 1797, VA; d. 1869, TN
John Ferrell; b. 1765, VA; d. 10-22-1839. TN

Would love to swap info with anyone in this line!

Michael Owens
Nashville, Tennessee

Re: John Ferrell b. 1765

Posted: 14 Jan 2007 11:04PM GMT
Edited: 10 Dec 2012 7:30AM GMT
Surnames: FERRELL
Greetings! I am a Great Great Great Granddaughter of JOHN FERRELL, b. 1765, d. 22 Oct 1839 DeKalb Co. (Smithville, I believe), TN.

I am trying to trace through the FERRELL family tree starting with this JOHN FERRELL. I would love to locate copies of source documents that confirm his parents and his descendents.

His son, ALEXANDER CALHOON/CALHOUN FERRELL, b 1809 in Warren Co., TN; his grandson, ALEXANDER CLARK FERRELL, b. 1846 or 1847 DeKalb Co. TN; his great grandson ELZIE (aka Elza) LAFAYETTE FERRELL, b. Sept 1881 DeKalb Co TN.

Email me at clfarrell1@verizon.net

Posted: 17 Jan 2007 8:22AM GMT
Surnames: Ferrell ; Wright ; Simpson ; Foster;Pedigo;Gunter; Patterson
M.Owens
I have a James W. Ferrell/1851 Cannon Co. Tn. -1914 ; married Deliah Moore ,born 1846 Tn. . Also Enoch G. Ferrell
1848 Cannon Co. Tn. married twice 1st Mary E Evans 2nd Mary
E. Patrick . John D. Ferrell 1855 Cannon Co. Tn.Malissa Ferrell 1858 ; Laura A Ferrell 1861 ; Jonathan D. Ferrell 1865 all Cannon Co. Tn. but i also have John E Ferrell 1823 Warren Co. Tn. / 1889 Madison, Ark , married to Sarah Spurlock 1824 Warren Co, Tn. - 1881 Madison Co., Ark.
My line is Alexander Ervin Ferrell 1827 - 1899 ;Horace B. Ferrell , wife Mary Cheatham ; William Lemual Ferrell( my Grandfather) died july 7,1948 married Bessie Wright bn:3/18/1899 died They both died in Athens, Ala. I don't know if this is the same line as yours , but I hope it is .
As I am having a heck of a time finding Grandmother's family . Her mother was Birdie/Bertie Wright Simpson, Blackfoot Indian . Good luck , If any matchs please let me know as I have Seven Gens back, starting with Charles Ferrell 1809 Tn-1870 Tn. wife Isabella (last name unk.)
Other names assoc'ed Foster;Pedigo;Gunter;Patterson;
Thanks Joan Borden
Moulton,Alabama

Posted: 17 Jan 2007 8:33AM GMT
Michael
Checked also have William D. Ferrell 1822 Warren Co, Tn.,
wife - Sarah Young 1823 Warren Co. Tn. Sorry I overlooked them. Hope its of help . Joan B.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions