Search for content in message boards

Susan O'Rourke

Susan O'Rourke

Posted: 31 May 2012 10:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: O;Rourke
Born 1846 in Dundas Ontario. Moved to Stratton St Margaret, Wiltshire UK. Can anyone enlighten me to her parents in Canada.She Married George Bristowand settled in Stratton St Margaret and would be my Gt Gt Gt Grandmother

Re: Susan O'Rourke

Posted: 1 Jun 2012 1:27AM GMT
This message board is for Dundas County, Ontario. Are you looking for the town of Dundas?

Posted: 1 Jun 2012 4:55PM GMT
have you a copy of their marriage as, this should show each of their fathers names etc etc

Posted: 5 Jun 2012 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: O'Rourke
Yes i am looking for any Information on Susan O'Rourke of Dundas , Ontario born approx 1846. I do not have any certificates hence using this option.
Regards Peter

Posted: 5 Jun 2012 9:00PM GMT
1851 census Matilda, Dundas County Ontario

ROURKE
James, 42, b Ireland, laborer
Margery, 42, Ireland
John, 19, Ireland
Mary Ann, 17, Upper Canada [Ontario]
Catharine, 15, UC
Jane, 13, UC
Wm H, 11, UC
Francis, 9, UC
SUSAN, 7, UC
Louiza, 2, UC
All Church of England.

Posted: 5 Jun 2012 9:00PM GMT
1851 census Matilda, Dundas County Ontario

ROURKE
James, 42, b Ireland, laborer
Margery, 42, Ireland
John, 19, Ireland
Mary Ann, 17, Upper Canada [Ontario]
Catharine, 15, UC
Jane, 13, UC
Wm H, 11, UC
Francis, 9, UC
SUSAN, 7, UC
Louiza, 2, UC
All Church of England.

Posted: 5 Jun 2012 9:50PM GMT
I sent through what I found on 1851 census and it got away from me before I could give you the 1861 census.
Re 1851 census. The Susan mentioned is the only one I found on 1851 census anywhere.

1861 census Matilda Dundas County

RORKE,
James, Ireland, 65
Marjory, Ireland, 55
John, Canada, 23
Wm, Canada, 18
Francis, Canada, 14

I cannot find Susan on 1861 census under either name.

How did Susan get to England?
On 1911 census re George it says he is an 'army pensioner' but all other census list him as labourer.
Was he in Canada with British Army and met Susan?
First child was born England c1869. Unfortunately none of the census give an immigration date for Susan.
Look on this site for her death and get the registration which should have her parents on it. She is still alive on 1911 census.
http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 5:17PM GMT
Surnames: Rorke Bristow
I am curious to know how you are Susan Rourkes Grt Grt Grandson ?
I think you will find that Susans family name is Rorke (No "O")
She is my Great Grandmother.
I have traced her parents via a photograph of her brother Frances & his wife taken on their 60th Wedding Anniversary with the legend on the back "A snap of my Father at their 60th Anniversary June 3 1928"
The transcipt of their Marraige says his parents were JAMES ROURKE and MARY CUTTEN.

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 10:43AM GMT
As mentioned Previously my Gt Gt Grandfather John Norris married Mary Minnie H Bristow born 1868 Stratton St Mary,Wiltshire. Her Parents were George Bristow born 1836 Marlborough,Wiltshire And Susan O'Rourke born 1846 in Dundas,Ontario, Canada. I have not found her embarcation to the UK date and am interested in who her family is and her parents name. If there is no "O" it may be of use but if you have the tree you will see her emigration date and that she and George had Five children with Mary the eldest 1868, followed by John 1872, Grace 1875, Ann 1877, Margaret 1879.
I look forward to your reply with eager interst. Regards Peter Hall ( Phbabyface@aol.com)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions