Search for content in message boards

Jim Waddell -- Unidentified Photo found in SW Missouri

Jim Waddell -- Unidentified Photo found in SW Missouri

Posted: 15 Jun 2009 11:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
I found a photo at a sale, of a family in front of a house. On the back of the photo is written: "Jim Waddell Family".
I have uploaded the photo here:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~laneblood/....
and a close-up of the people here:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~laneblood/....
I would like for this picture to go to a descendant of the people pictured, if possible. Let me know, please!
~Terri

Re: Jim Waddell -- Unidentified Photo found in SW Missouri

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 12:36PM GMT
just wanted to let you know my family on my mothers side are waddells from missouri! apparently my great grandfather home steaded-and farmed a lot of land in that area! Jim Waddell may be my great uncle!-i will be forwarding this picture to my grandmother to see if this is the case!-currently we have a family gathering once a year on the remainder of our property and it just so happens to be in that area! i will let you know what i found out thank you James

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 7:33PM GMT
My Grandmother was Nora Waddell, daughter of Roy Waddell, son of Ambrose Waddell. All born in Northern Kentucky. Any connection with your Jim Waddell?

Rod
warod1@yahoo.com

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 10:44PM GMT
That photo was actually found in some things I got at an auction and I posted it to the Ancestry board in the hopes that it could go to a Waddell family member. It has since been forwarded on to someone in that family, and was not a part of my own genealogy.

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 9:05PM GMT
Hi, my name is Patricia Schmits-Weagly. I am looking for information on my great Grand mother Sarah Lucinda Waddell. Her Father's name, listed on her marriage license, dated August 31, 1887, is James Waddell. Sarah would have been born around 1858. So James would have been born about 20 years before that. So I am pretty certain that your uncle is not my Great Great Grandfather but I did hear that they moved into Missouri from Illinois, (Calhoun County area) around 1887. I am hoping your family may be related to mine.

Can I ask what Nationality you are?

I think mine might have been Irish or Scotish...

Any help would be so appreciated.

Thank you.

Patty

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 12:14AM GMT
WHAT A WONDERFUL WELL KEPT PHOTO, WISH IT WAS MINE, BUT DOUBT IT..HOW VERY CONSIDERATE AND KID YOU ARE AS A PERSON.

I WISH YOU WELL.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic