Search for content in message boards

Jacksons, Rainbows & Hedges Shipton-u-Wychwood

Jacksons, Rainbows & Hedges Shipton-u-Wychwood

Posted: 14 Jul 2003 8:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JACKSON, RAINBOW & HEDGES
I am trying to trace my fathers ancestors and I need any info on Jacksons, Rainbows & Hedges in Shipton-under-Wychwood.My great grandfather was John Jackson who married Elizabeth Jane rainbow in 1885. The Jackson side of the family were previously Hedges but changed the name. I'm not sure when. If anyone can help I'd be very grateful. Particularly if anyone has access to the 1901 or 1891 Shipton censuses. thanks!

Re: Jacksons, Rainbows & Hedges Shipton-u-Wychwood

Delia Cuss (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2004 11:57AM GMT
Hello Geoff,
1891 Census Shipton Under Wychwood, Oxon.
John Jackson Head Marr. 27 Mason's Lab. born Shipton, Oxon.
Elizabeth Jackson Wife 25 born Shipton, Oxon.
John Jackson Son 5 born Shipton, Oxon.
Harry Rainbow Lodger Unm. 23 Mason's Lab. born Shipton, Oxon.
Emma Rainbow Visitor 18 Servant Domestic born Shipton, Oxon.

Delia

Posted: 24 Apr 2004 7:44PM GMT
hello.
My mother was born in s/u/wychwood,she had sisters emily, ruth,millie,brothers alf,@ fred.My mothers name was elsie, she married walter townsend from ascot-u-wychwood

lynn rainbow-kurz (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2004 6:13PM GMT
Surnames: rainbows
hi, my grandfather peter rainboe and his wife emily had the pub called the masons arms in fulbrook, my father nernon henry rainbow lived there but as a child lived on a farm close by, my grandad was a farm worker. i think i have family in the burford/shipton-u-witchwood area please advise, many thanks lynn rainbow - kurz

Posted: 9 May 2010 9:21AM GMT
Hi

I have just read on the message board your message re.jACKSON, Hedges, Rainbow. I appreciated that this was posted a long time ago. I am related to the Hedges, my mothers family. John Jackson (Hedges) was my great grandfathers brother. Have you any idea why he changed his name to Jackson. I am presuming that he was not the son of Lucys husband, and was born before they were married. I have info on my tree, if it will help.

Regards, Theresa

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 10:51PM GMT
Hi

Realise this is long after all these posts. John Jackson was my great-grandfather. Theresa, are you Mollie's daughter ? Be happy to share my research - I am Reg Jackson's daughter now living in New Zealand.

Pam Taylor nee Jackson

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 7:15PM GMT
Hi Pam or should I say cousin!
It's Geoff, your Uncle Basil's oldest son. I stayed at your house in Aldridge a few times in the 70s when my footie team Colchester were playing in the Birmingham area. If I remember right you were married to Ron. I got into the old family history stuff a about 10 years ago although I haven't done much for quite a while. We must catch up on the last 30 odd years!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic