Search for content in message boards

John Walker

John Walker

Nancy Barnett (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Apr 2004 11:47AM GMT
Surnames: Walker, McCool, Sammons, Salmons, Knipp, Pennington, Blankenbeckler, Farmer

My ggg gf was John Walker, who married

Rachel McCool (said to be the "widow Grayson") in 1804 in

Greenup Co., KY. John Walker's father

and mother were Jeremiah Walker and Teresa Sammons (Salmons). After

Teresa died, Jeremial married

Malinda Knipp and had 5 ch. with her (he and Teresa had 8 children.

William Riley WAlker was a

child of Jeremiah and Teresa (my g gf). William Riley Walker marr. Sarah

Pennington. She was

first married to John Blankenbeckler. Pennington was her maiden name. I

think the pareents of my

John Walker who married in 1804 were Jacob Walker and Rachel Farmer

(haven't proved them yet.) Can

you post this query, or tell me how to do so? Or, can you pass thiis

information along and perhaps

help me find others searching my Carter/Lawrence/Greenup counties Walker

family? Any help or

advice greatly appreciated. Thanks, Nancy Barnett
cy Barnett

Re: John Walker

Ardith Cooper (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2004 11:48AM GMT
Surnames: Walker, Cooper

I,M from Larue Co.Ky.My father was Homer Otis Walker his dad was ELijah Green Walker, his dad David Walker,his dad Charles Hardin Walker, his dad John Walker Jr. and his dad was John Walker Sr.all from Green co Ky.can you tell me if you are any kin to the Walkers from Green Co.KY? This down south ky.I have always wondered if maybe a brother of John Sr.stoped off in Eastern Ky to live and some came on down south.My husband is from Carter co ky His names is James R. Cooper his dad was John Quency Cooper,his da was Watt Alvador Cooper.all was from Carter co KY.

thanks
Ardith Cooper

Re: WALKER

Posted: 5 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT

Before Carter Co. was formed, my earliest Walker people were in Greenup and Lawrence counties. John WALKER marr. Rachel McCool in l804 in Greenup Co. KY. One of their children was Jeremiah, who was brought up in the Deer Creek (Grayson Lake area now) watershed. He marr. Teresa Sammons in l832, and their ch. were: Geo. Washington (marr. Jemima Bailey); William Riley (marr. Sarah Pennington); Sarah Jane (marr. John Parsons; Silas (marr. Sarah Palmer); James; Jerry E. (marr. Sarah Whitt; Lewis (marr. Linna Susan Cox; and Elizabeth (d. at age 2). Then Jeremiah marr. again after Teresa's death in l857. His 2nd wife (marr. l859) was Malinda Knipp, and they had 5 ch: Pleasant (marr. Hannah Boggs; Frances "Fanny" (marr. John Bowling); Henry; Rachel (marr. William Campbell, and Sabra (marr. Luke Carroll).

s

John/Jeremiah WALKER

Posted: 6 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Correction of my Feb. l998 posting to this board:

Jeremiah Walker was the son of John Walker and Rachel McCool. Jeremiah and wife Teresa Sammons (Salmons) were not the parents of John Walker who married Rachel McCool in l804. These Walkers were Carter Co. KY natives.

Posted: 1 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2004 11:51AM GMT
Surnames: Walker, Blevins, Lawson, Sparks, Baer
I am trying to find info on my grandfather, John Blevins, b. 1864 Carter Co. & his parents, James Blevins & Ann Lawson (Sparks/Baer?). I found in the 1870 Carter County, KY census a John Blevins, age 6, in the household of JOHN WALKER & WIFE, OLLIVIA WALKER, (both age 61) with Eli (21); John (17); Joseph (14); and Sarah Wilburn (13). Anyone have any info as to why this John Blevins, age 6, is living in the household of John Walker? The time, place, age, name, etc. match my grandfather, John Blevins, but where are his parents? My grandfather had a half brother named William "Bill" Baer (sp?). Thanks, Charlotte Blevins Counts

Patti (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2004 3:28PM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2004 11:53AM GMT
Surnames: Blevins, Bare, Sparks
Are you still looking for this family? I just found them in 1870. Fleming Co, Ky and the Blevins children are next door to Wash & Cynthia Bare, living in the home of Wash Bare's mother. There are two Bare children, William and Andrew.

I have been tracing Cynthia because she was a Lawson. it was her sister Nancy who married a Sparks.

Charlotte Blevins-Counts (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2004 4:21PM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2004 11:54AM GMT
Surnames: Blevins, Lawson, Sparks
Dear Patti: Yes, I am still researching my Blevins/Lawson line. Yes, I am familiar with Nancy Lawson (Sparks), sister to my great-grandmother, Cynthia Lawson. Are you a descendant of Nancy Lawson (Sparks)? Can you email me at grcounts@bellsouth.net? Charlotte

Posted: 27 Nov 2005 9:51PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2006 9:02PM GMT
John Blevins was my greatuncle, his mother was Cynthia Ann Lawson, She was borb Sept.20,1833, Great uncle John had several brothers and sisters,one of which was my grandmother,Nelia bear McFarlin,if this is the kind of information you are looking for please let me know and iIwill send a list if his family. Thanks Juanita

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 4:20PM GMT
Charles Hardin Walker's dad wasn't John Jr. His dad's name was John Hardin Walker and His dad was John Walker. I haven't found a middle name for this John Walker but it could have been Henry.

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 4:02PM GMT
Surnames: Walker
Dear Ardith, I have read many of your postings over the years, and I wanted to send my sympathy to you in the loss of your brother Junior. Your Uncle Wendell was married to my Aunt Elsie, and Uncle Wendell and my grandmother were first cousins. Although we have never met, we have a connection through the Walkers. Do you know if anyone has written a history of the Walker family descending from John Hardin Walker and Elizabeth Belcher?
Thank you for all of your help with the Walker genealogy.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions