Search for content in message boards

family tree research

family tree research

Melissa Allore (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WALTERS
I am looking for information regarding my Husband's family. His Great Grandfather EDMUND WALTERS lived in Onaway, Michigan (Presque Isle County) and died there in 1960. He is buried in the Forest Lawn Cemetary in Tower, Michigan (Cheboygan County). We know very little about further roots. We know that he had a daughter named MINNIE EDWARDS and a son named RAYMOND WALTERS. We think that EDMUND'S wife's name may have been INA WALTERS since we believe she is buried next to him. I would appreciate any available help. Thank you!

Bertha Walters

Ronald V. Kohsman (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kohsman, Schaedig, Cooper, Cunningham
In my records I have a copy of a page out of Presque Isle County Record of Marraiges with the following Information:

Feb 27, 1926 Ben Dunbar 25 Tower Bemidju, MN

Bertha Walters 17 Onaway Michigan

Charles Dunbar Etta Eaton Feb 26, 1926 Onaway
Edward Walters Laura Skuse

I don't know if this information will help you, but since the local and last name of the bride in correct, I thought I would forward this to you

Schaedig

Buzz Bruning (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Schaedig

Have some presque Isl
connections to Shaedig
What can I send

Re: Schaedig

Posted: 21 Dec 2001 9:08PM GMT
Edited: 21 Dec 2001 9:15PM GMT
Surnames: Schaedig, Brege
I am interested in any information on the Schaedig family. Theresa married Paul Brege--my great grandparents. They passed a year before I was born. Any information, especially on the annual family reunion, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Jenny (Brege) Jensen

Walters in Onaway, MI

Posted: 27 Feb 2006 10:43PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Dunbar Walters
Hello Melissa, My great grandfather, Charles Dunbar's son Benjamin Cyrus Dunbar married Bertha Walters. Ben was born in Bemidji. They lived in Onaway, MI in 1930. They had children Bennie and Virginia. Also in that census is Chris Walters age 50 b. MI married to Sarah; Floyd Walters age 19 b. CAN married to Josie; Roy Walters age 35 b. MI married to Jeanette, and Edmond Walters age 59 b. MI married to Laura with children Ray, Lewis and Hazel. Charles Dunbar and last wife Gertrude are also buried there along with Gertrude's relatives and last husband.

Re: family tree research

Posted: 9 Apr 2010 3:13PM GMT
Surnames: walters,
iam looking for info on lorey walters and his wife jannett not sure of her last name. i believe his fathers name is edmund walters and his mother was luara skuse

Posted: 10 Apr 2010 9:46PM GMT
There is a Lewis Walters who was the son of Edmund & Laura Walters. He was born about 1912. Is that the man you are trying to find? - bjk

Posted: 10 Apr 2010 11:12PM GMT
I found out Lorey was also called LeRoy and "Roy". In the 1930 Census he lived in Onaway. Jeannette was his wife and he had 5 children at that time (Manley E, Ellen M, Dorothy E, Maxine, Roland). He was born in 1895 in Michigan and had 7 siblings: Hazen M (1921), Ray (1898), Bertha (1909), Edith (1905), Minnie (1903), May (1900), Lewis (1912). His mother was Laura (Larena) E. and she died Oct. 31, 1935. Laura's father was William G. Skuse. His father Edmund was still alive at the time of Laura's death. She was buried in Fowler, Michigan on November 3, 1935.

Posted: 20 Apr 2010 10:32PM GMT
yes . thank you for the graet info.im still looking for info on lorey walters wife jeanette i think her last name was smith but not sure. thank you for your help

Posted: 21 Apr 2010 1:13AM GMT
According to the 1920 Census Jeannette, Lory and two children lived in Allis Township, Presque Isle County, MI. She was born about 1901 in Michigan. In the 1930 Census it mentioned she was 16 at the time of her marriage and both her parents were born in Michigan. Have you been able to find her death certificate? That might help
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions