Search for content in message boards

Mexican Cemeteries

Mexican Cemeteries

Laura Martinez (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2005 12:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Panis Garcia Olivares Barreda Longoria
Does anyone have any information about mexican cemeteries in Karnes County?

I can find inventory lists for those buried in other cemeteries but not for Karnes City mexican cemetery. I'm not even sure if thats the exact cemetery I should be looking at.

I might drive up there myself - I'm looking for info on Florence Panis and Garcia, Olivares, Barreda and Longoria surnames. At least 2 that I know of died in the mid-30's. If I do go, I'll try to get to more than one, and post what I find.

Re: Mexican Cemeteries

archie ammons (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2005 7:02PM GMT

Laura Martinez (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2005 4:28AM GMT
thanks! its final - my mom and I are going to Karnes City the 12th.

archie ammons (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2005 6:08PM GMT

When you get to Kenedy, consult with the One and Only expert for Karnes County. Charlotte Nichols 4580 South Hwy 181 Kenedy 78119 830-583-3761
Her house is on the west side of the highway, about 200 yards, up a little hill to a grove of mesquite trees, about a mile north of Days Inn motel.

Posted: 2 Feb 2006 4:13PM GMT
Surnames: Panis Panix
I didn't get to go on that day, but I did go with a friend later. There wasn't much time and I didn't realize just how huge that cemetery would be. I didn't find the spanish surnames I was looking for or Panis but I found something - surname was Panix or Penix. I was talking it over with someone who speaks spanish, how she would have pronounced it. That seems like the most likely scenario, so I'm trying to see when I can go back with more time to get more details now!

Posted: 30 Mar 2007 6:40AM GMT
Surnames: Martinez, Olivares
Hi, I came across your message. My grandmother was born in Choate, TX. I understand my g-grandmother was from there. Were you able to locate any graves there? Thanks, Maria Martinez

Posted: 14 Aug 2007 4:03AM GMT
Is there any chance this page will be updated. I have a hunch my husband's uncle, Israel Trevino, is buried somewhere in Karnes County.

Posted: 7 Aug 2008 1:49AM GMT
Hi theres 2 Funeral homes 1 in Kenedy & 1 in Karnes City

Echols 1-830-583-2533
Rhodes 1-830-780-3334

if anyone should know it should be one of them since they take care of the majority of the funerals here in Karnes County, or they can tell you who also too contact.

Wayne Cooksey
per page

Find a board about a specific topic