Search for content in message boards

Masselinks & Co.

Masselinks & Co.

Christine F. Muehling (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Masselink, Frieman, Freeman, Benierman, Walkottotten, Kip
I am searching for a ancestors of Harm MASSELINK (b. 3 Feb 1841 in either Hardinghs or Drenthe, d. 14 Sep 1923 in Zeeland, MI). Harm immigrated to the Zeeland, MI area in 1866.

His wife was Geesje BENIERMAN (b. 12 Aug 1944 either Haftenkamp or Drenthe, d. 1917 in Zeeland, MI). She immigrated to the Zeeland, MI area in 1866. I do not have evidence that they immigrated as a married couple, but I'm figuring they might have.

His brothers:
Hendrick (b. 10 Mar 1829 d. 31 Oct 1907) immigrated 8 Nov 1882.
Hendrick Jan (b. 11 Feb 1832 d. Aug 1924) immigrated in 1882.

All settled in the Zeeland, MI area, where there is a gigantic Dutch community. They proliferated rapidly.

Any information would be very, very appreciated!
TIA,
Christine Muehling

Harm Masselink

Lora LeMay (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Masselink, Vander Zwaag
I know of a Harm Masselink who was married to a Bessie Masselink that gave birth to Winnie Masselink on Sept. 26, 1914 in Olive Township, Michigan (near Zeeland). Please let me know of any new developments or findings. I am also looking for information on a Harm Masselink.

Masselink, Drenthe, NL

haga broekema-douma (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Masselink
Try our cousin email: jmasseli@horizon.bc.ca. Thats Jake Masselink in Victoria BC Canada. I know that he was in Holland because of a big reunion of the Masselink family. Maybe he can tell you more about the dutch roots.(?)

Masselink

Posted: 30 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Well. :)
I can tell you all the Masselinks in that area came from the same family. I have information on them from their disembarkation forward, but I can't get back over the ocean.
If this is all you have, why don't we share?
My ggrandmother was Fenna Masselink, of the first American-born generation. Pretty much, if it's in the Zeeland, Holland, Drenthe, Bentheim, Salem area up there, they're related. And so must we be, in some fashion!

Why don't you drop me a note and we'll go from there if you're interested in sharing!

Christine Freeman Muehling
Researching Masselink, Benierman, Frieman, Nank(e), O(e)hl, O(e)hmke, Becker, Gates, Davis, Gilman, O'Conner, and all the connecting twigs!

Masselink contact

Posted: 31 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
I've just written!!
Christine

Masselinks? Have I got Masselinks!

Christine Muehling (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Masselink, Vander Zwaag, Postma, Van Klompenberg, Timmer, Frieman
I can help.
I have quite a bit.
HOWEVER...
I have to put my genealogy computer back together, OK?
And I need to do taxes first. I will forward you a message I received about a Masselink reunion held here last year, that a wonderful fellow attended.
He's given me numbers, history, you name it!
Do you have the book on the Dutch immigrants into this area? It gives ships lists, etc. The DAR has all the cemetary records which helped a lot. The birth and death certificate collections in Allegan and Ottawa counties are pretty good, too.
We've got to combine, I think. :)
I'll forward you the email right now.
Christine

Masselink Family

Lora LeMay (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Masselink, Vander Zwaag, Postma, Van Klompenberg, Timmer
Christine,
Thanks for the information. I have been able to trace my great, great grandparents. My great grandfather's (Harm Masselink) parents were Hendrick Jan Masselink and Wellitje A. Postma. My great grandmother's (Bessie Timmer-Masselink) parents were Gerrit Jan Timmer and Willemptje Van Klompenberg who were married in 1880. I traced them all to the Zeeland/Holland, MI area. I am having the opposite problem. I can't trace them to the opposite side of the ocean. If you have any new news, please share. I would love to see if we are related!

Lora

Postma

Ria Vandermeer (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Postma
Hello: I have a family line " Postma" that is married to a vandermeer . They were borm and married in Friesland. Not sure if this may help but let me know and we may be able ot exchange info. Also i have various sites that are great for sereaching for family from the Netherlands and Germany. Let me know if you'd like the address's ... One is Genlias and another one that i just found is called kindred konnections{ similar to the LDS site.} Good luck ... Ria

POSTMA

KATHLEEN OVERMAN TOBIASSON (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BUSCH, POSTMA, ADAMS, RYALS, OVERMAN, DRYE, DRY, MUSS, AUGESTEIN
I'm looking for ANNA POSTMA b bef 1857 Stackhausen, Friesland, Holland.
Don't know if marr, but had dau,
ANNA "ANNIE" POSTMA b 11 Oct 1877 Friesland d 25 Jan 1954

Joachim, Jefferson, MO
m est 1899 Dormstadt, Westwalen, Germ.
THEODORE JOSEPH JOHN ADAMS, SR b 22 Feb 1873 Leeuwarden,

Friesland d 15 Jul 1939 St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
They arrived in NY 21 Oct 1907 & went to Madison Co, IL. He was a coal miner. They apparently filed for divorce twice, in 1917 & 1921, Belleville, St. Clair, IL, but never got a final decree.
6 children. I d Germany; 1 d IL abt 1908; 4 other sons b Dormstadt, d USA
Would like to find more on ANNA'S or TED'S families.

krtobiasson@m-hip.com

Kathy in Nevada

postma

kees dopheide (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: postma
stackhausen is not in friesland holland
like to help you but know not how
kees
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions