Search for content in message boards

Corliss

Corliss

Janis Olsen (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2001 4:42PM GMT
I have in posession a nice well in-depth information of my mother's parents and I am curious as to what else I may find.The history starts with George Corliss (1617-1686) coming from Devonshire England to Newbury Mass in 1639 soon moving to Haverhill,Mass.He had children: Mary, John,Joanna,Martha,Deborah,Ann Huldah,Sarah.My family stems off of John(1648-1698)and down.I know in the past some info has been found on "relatives" in VT, VA, MA.Anyone have any input?

Re: Corliss

mary mckinney (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2001 4:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'M ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR INFO ON GEORGE CORLISS, WHO INVENTED THE CORLISS STEAM ENGINE. HIS FATHER WAS HIRAM CORLISS. BORN TO JOHN & ABIGAL CORLISS IN 1793. IF THERE IS ANY CONNECTION PLEASE EMAIL ME @ TIBNMARY@BELLSOUTH.NET . MY GREAT GRANDFATHER IS RALPH CORLISS MCKINNEY NAMED AFTER HIS UNCLE(?) THAT INVENTED THE CORLISS STEAM ENGINE. I'M TRYING TO FIND THE CONNECTION!!! ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!
THANKYOU,
MARY MCKINNEY

Re: Corliss dating to 1054AD

Stephanie Corliss (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2001 10:20PM GMT
I have a book of our family's genealogy in great detail dating from 1054 from the King & Queen of Belgium to the year 1976. My grandfather had it researched and published. In it it has information on which you request

MARY MCKINNEY (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2001 10:50PM GMT
if you could tell me where i could find this book i would be so greatful.if you know of anything else i would be even more greatful!:):)
thankyou,
mary mckinney

Posted: 12 Dec 2001 4:49AM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 12:33AM GMT
We too have one of the "Corliss Books." My mother's family was also a descendant through John. We have tried to keep track of the family and my grandfather was A.N. Corliss. One of 5 brothers of Martin J. Corliss (1821-1910) and Paulina Skinner (St. Albans, VT). Have much more information. Great piece in the Smithsonian re: Corliss Steam Engine. In Texas at A & M, one the primary steam engines they used to lecture on was the Corliss Steam Engine. Ever so much more to share.
I would be enterested in this book also. My sister and I have contemplated taking on updating and re-printing the Corliss Book, it is a daunting task and ever so many descendents. My sister has tried to keep us focused, so we concentrate on the descendents of Martin J. Corliss and Paulina Skinner.
Most of the descendents of George Corliss stayed in and around New England until about the 6th generation and then started moving west. Some never moved.

Posted: 12 Dec 2001 4:52AM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 12:33AM GMT
Are copies of the book still available? Where can I find one to reference? Thanks.

Posted: 24 Sep 2002 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Aug 2004 1:15AM GMT
Does your book have anything on Lodice (or perhaps Lydia) Corliss, (b. c1757 in Springfield, MA ; d. 3/8/1834 prob. in Tolland Co., CT; married Jedidiah Kibbe of Somers, CT)? I am interested in her vital statistics, but even more interested in knowing her parents and further lineage. She may be referenced in Augustus Corliss's book on the Corliss family (1875) that may have been used as a reference source by your grandfather. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 16 Aug 2003 8:54PM GMT
Do you have any information on the Corliss family in or around the Boston, Cambridge, Somerville areas in Mass. MY father James Michael Corliss was born in Cambridge 1/22/14 . He was the youngest in a large Family , MY Grand father 's name was William Henry Corliss from County Cork Ireland and my Grandmother's Name was Eliazbeth Kane Corliss (maybe or Hanscom ) and she was born in County Clare, Ireland. She was 12 when she emigrated. Died in 1963 estimated to have been 73 or 75. Could have been older.
My Father had older sibilings believe that Clare and William were two of them, Any information wouls help . thank you. Debra L. Corliss, Auburn CA.

Posted: 27 Jun 2006 5:02PM GMT
Surnames: Corliss
Are copies of your grandfather's book available for purchase?

Posted: 25 Apr 2008 5:54PM GMT
Surnames: Corliss, Corlis
I am looking for information on William CORLIS / Corliss, owner of the Brigantine "Christiana" which carried Rev War troops from Charles Town, [Charleston] SC to Philadelphia in June 1783.

I know nothing else about him, so any assistance would be appreciated.

Nancy L
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions