Search for content in message boards

Hague family of England

Hague family of England

Posted: 30 Jul 2000 10:14PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 2:50PM GMT
My great, great grandfather was James Hague who married Sarah Ann Beaver of Sheffield, England. He may have been from Doronfield, England. They came to the US in 1852 and settled in Utah. They died together on Oct. 19th, 1871 in the wreck of the Cambria enroute back to Europe. James' father was Benjamin Hague who was married to an Elizabeth and his father was Michael from (possibly) Barnsley, England. Any help with this family line would be greatly appreciated.

the hagues

Leonard Hague (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 3:26PM GMT
to judge hague..i am one of your family member ..my father was telling em of family from sheffield england

Hagues

Andrew S. Hague (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2000 6:06AM GMT
I would be interested to learn anything that you know about the Hagues from Sheffield. The initial information that I got was through the Mormon Church. James Hague came to Missouri and then to Utah in 1850. The LDS church has his father as Benjamin Hague and his grandfather was Michael Hague of Barnnley, England. James' wife was Sarah Ann Beaver of Sheffield. I have learned that the Beavers were a very well to do family in Sheffield. James and Sarah Ann died in the shipwreck of the steamship Cambria on Oct. 19, 1871. Articles can be found in the Oct. 21st and 22nd 1871 New York Times. The passenger manifest, with the names James Hague and wife, appear in the Oct. 21st article.
Please fill me in on any information that you may have.
Thank you for your help.
Andrew

sir isaac newton-hague connection

greg cragg (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2000 9:01AM GMT
Dear Judge Hague, your honour, my family is in Lincolnshire england, lincoln I have a photo from 1893
with a Fred Hague a coachman for Lord Munson of lincoln, my grandmothers nephew was cecil Hague who died a few years ago
hope to hear from you.
Regards Greg.

Hague Family

Posted: 16 Oct 2000 6:25PM GMT
My gr,gr,gr grandfather was Benjamin Hague and his father was Michael Hague from Barnsley, England. Benjamin's son was James Hague who married Sara Ann Beaver of Sheffield, England. They came to the US in 1852 and attempted to return in October of 1871. I say "attempted" because they were killed when the SS Cambria sank off the northern coast of Ireland on October 19th, 1871. They were going back to England to claim some sort of an inheretance. James Hague was a gunsmith/locksmith. I believe that the Beaver family of Sheffield were of some means and so I can only believe that the money was on her side of the family.
Any relation? Please let me know.
Where are you?
Sincerely,
Andrew S. Hague

Hague family England

Greg Cragg (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2000 1:44PM GMT
Thanks for yur reply, I am researching my connection to Sir Isaac Newton I found one Hague married to a Robert Newton Hannah Hague oct 20 1800 in Manchester Lancashire
if he is in the family tree?? then Lucy Eleanor Cooling on dec 13 1899 married Frederick Hague and he is a relative as my distant cousins their uncle was a man that died only recently
I am still looking and appreciate any thing you have on our family. thanks again ,Greg.

Hague Family

Posted: 18 Oct 2000 4:54PM GMT
My research indicates that there were two Hague clans in Sheffield, England that moved to the U.S. I can only assume that they are related, but I have not been able to confirm that as yet. One of the Hague families included a Hannah Hague and she migrated to the US in about 1850.
I am also trying to identify my family connection to Robert H. Haslam (Haslem as he changed it) who was better known as "Pony Bob". Pony Bob was a rider for the Pony Express in 1860 and 1861. He holds the record for both the fastest and longest single ride in Popny Express history. I know that he was born in London in 1840 and that he died in Chicago in 1911.
My 10 year old son is doing a report on Sir Isaac Newton as we speak. I must go help him.
You can contact me directly at ashague@yahoo.com.

Hagues of Sheffield

Posted: 2 Jan 2001 8:38AM GMT
Leonard,
I am sorry that I did not get back to you sooner. I am still trying to gather information on the Hague family of Sheffield, England. It appears that there were quite a few branches and I do not even know if they were all related. My ancestor came over to the United States in 1850 with his wife, Sarah Ann Beaver, also of Sheffield. They were both killed in the Shipwreck of the Cambria on Oct. 19th, 1896, as they were headed back to England.
Please advise of any family information that you may have. James Hague's father's name was either Benjamin or James, there seems to be some question.
Sincerely,
Andrew S. Hague

Hague family in Sheffield

Posted: 7 Feb 2001 4:09AM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2006 2:15PM GMT
You will probably find that the location was Dronfield, not Doronfield.

There are indeed a number of Hagues in the Sheffield area, it is a fairly common name in South Yorkshire.

Hague Family

Posted: 8 Feb 2001 8:19AM GMT
Thank you for that information. I have been in contact with a Peter Hague in Barnsley, England which is where I am led to believe, my great great, great great grandfather was from. I am trying to discover methods of researching the Hague family in Barnsely and Sheffield.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions