Search for content in message boards

Landis in Michigan

Landis in Michigan

Patrick (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2000 9:57AM GMT
Hi to you all! if anyone who reads this then please e-mail me. i am looking for someone to help me trace the family WAY back. ~bye.

Landis

Bruce Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2000 8:29AM GMT
Start w/ relatives, the National Archives, libraries.
As my mother was a Landis in MI. and we live in CA. we were quite successful taking the above route. However, disappointed that we are not related to the Judge. What City. My Landis side of the family from Flint MI. What city did your Landis' live?

Landis in michigan

Patrick (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2000 11:38AM GMT
My side lived in white pigeon.
Posted: 2 Mar 2000 11:17AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 8:02PM GMT
I have information on Daniel Landis family.

Re: Landis

Posted: 22 Feb 2003 9:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Mar 2003 1:07AM GMT
HI ,
I am looking for a Daniel Landis.
He was born abt. 1820 and died 1880. Hi married Mary Ann Redman.
If you have any information please write back.
Thank you
Tina Ross

Re: Landis in Michigan

LANDIS/LANDIS IN PENNSYLVANIA (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2003 5:28AM GMT
Surnames: LANDIS/LANDIS IN PENNSYLVANIA
Hi....My great grandfather was John Landis of Clarkston Michigan and then of Flint Michigan. He died in the in 1920's or 1930's. I am looking for his family through his brothers or sisters. He had seven children and one of them was my grandmother, Marguerite Landis (Middleton). Many Landis cousins of mine still live in the Flint Michigan area and in Michigan. If you have any info on him or the origin of the family surname, please email me at carachapina@yahoo.com (my grandmother told me once that her LANDIS family were "Pennsylvania Dutch" I would like to hear from any Landis people in Pennsylvania) SMILE!!
Posted: 28 Mar 2005 5:16PM GMT
Surnames: LANDIS/WALK
I'm looking for info on the decendents Harvey Perry Landis and Margaret Elizabeth Walk. I know they had 3 daughters - Carolyna, Margaret & Hellen. In 1930 they were living in Monroe,Mich. on S. Custer Rd.

Posted: 26 Apr 2008 4:09PM GMT
I am from the Michigan Landis line. They came from Pennsylvania, too. Pennsylvania Dutch, I think. They then moved to New York, then Michigan, Kent County. Here is some of the info I have. Anyone connected with any of these and have info on them? Especially would like the name of John's (b. abt 1790, Penn) parents, grandparents.

John Landis b. Pennsylvania abt. 1790
married: Magdalena b. Pennsylvania abt 1794.

Both died in Byron Townsihp, Kent Co. Mich. and are buried in the Boynton Cemetery (G.R. 54) Byron Township, Kent County, Michigan.

Children:
1. John: b. N.Y. died in Kent County, probably Byron
Township.
2. Catharine b. N. Y.
3. Eli b. N.Y.
4. Mary: b. N.Y. Died: Kent County, Michigan buried in the Boynton Cemetery (G.R. 54) Byron Township, Kent County, Michigan.
5. Samuel Landis b. N.Y., married: Hester Ann Caruth
children: 1. George W. b. N.Y.
2. Lovina Mary b. N.Y. died, Cheboygan County,
Michigan.
3. Amanda (Amantha) b. Kent Co. Mich.
4. Lorenzo b. Kent Co. Mich.
5. Julia b. Kent Co. Mich.
6. Philip b. Kent Co. Mich.

Both Samuel and Magdalina died in Byron township, Kent County,Michigan and are buried in the Boynton Cemetery (G.R. 54) Byron Township, Kent County, Michigan.

Would love to fill in some connections and get some new ones. Thanks

Posted: 13 May 2008 12:46AM GMT
My side of the Landis family basically came from Indiana, around Plesant Lake, and now a lot of us are up in Coldwater. My grandpa was Harold C. Landis born in Fremont Indiana back in 1908, and my gramma was Ruth A. Williams. Anyone have anymore info?

Posted: 1 Sep 2008 2:53AM GMT
Surnames: Landis
I'm from the Penn side of the Landis family. Mothers maiden name is Wagner. We moved from the Philly area to the North of Detroit area in 83. Family is still out in Michigan but I now live in NYC. Any family out there we don't know about?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic