Search for content in message boards

McClain in Washington county, PA

McClain in Washington county, PA

Posted: 4 Jan 2000 4:36PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jan 2005 9:17PM GMT
I am looking for information concerning my gggrandfather HIRAM MCCLAIN who owned a farm in Franklin Township, Washington County, PA. He was married to Sarah Patterson daughter of James W. Patterson also of Franklin Township. Mr Patterson was born May 1, 1815. Sarah was one of eleven daughters. Hiram and Sarah's daughter Caroline was born January 1866. They had several other children. I would like any information anyone may have available for HIRAM MCLAIN, and his family.

Don Van Cleve dhvanclev1@cs.com

Re: McClain in Washington county, PA

Posted: 3 Mar 2003 11:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ZELT McCLAIN
Would you know if you have any ZELTs in your family tree?

Posted: 4 Mar 2003 3:27AM GMT
Edited: 4 Jan 2005 9:17PM GMT
Surnames: MCCLAIN, ZELT
My grandmother's brother, Hiram Minor McClain, was married to Mary Zelt. Shown below is her obituary:

MARY M. McCLAIN

Mary M. McClain, 71, of 1690 East maiden Street, died Monday, November 7, 1960, at 12:45 a. m., on Washington Hospital.

She was born in Washington, December 17, 1888, a daughter of Albert R. and Elizabeth Flemming Zelt.

October 12, 1909, she married H. Minor McClain, who survives.

Mrs. McClain was educated in the public schools of Washington, and attended California State Teachers College. She was a member of Bethel United Presbyterian Chuch, and a member of Lincoln Chapter, O. E. S., No. 12.

Surviving in addition yo her husband are a daughter, Mary Jean, wife of Thurman H. Houghton, Linesville; for grqndchildren; and one brother, Harry E. Zelt, eighty Four. Two brothers and tow sisters preceded her in death.

Posted: 4 Mar 2003 3:06PM GMT
Hi Don,

I had sent this yesterday to your email address and received an error message so I'll send it again.

Thank you for the information about Mary M McCLAIN.

It appears I am missing a sister of Mary! The following is what I have, could you fill in any of the blanks?

John W born ?? Mar 1877 PA died ?? ??? ????
Harry E born ?? May 1881 PA died ?? ??? ????
Mary M born 17 Dec 1888 PA died ?? ??? ????
Albert R born ?? Feb 1900 PA died ?? ??? ????
Mildred L born ?? ??? 1906 PA died ?? ??? ????

Found Minor & Mary McCLAIN with daughter Jean in 4 Apr 1930 census for South Strabane.
Wadhington, Washington County, PA ED # 104, Page 2A, Visit 34. Ancestry page 3 of 44

Thanks,
Eric L
Snow Hill, NC
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions