Search for content in message boards

Rosier

Posted: 8 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 6:09PM GMT
Surnames: Rosier, Cooper, Baker
My grandfather's name is Ralph Raymond Rosier and he was born on 7 July 1903 in Frackvill, Penn. His parents were William Alfred Rosier date born unknown, but died Dec 1930 in Frackville, penn. His mother's name was Georgia Ann Cooper date of birth unknown, but died in 1940 and is buried in Pine Grove Cemetary in Parkton, Md. My gggrandparents names were Thomas Rosier and Virginia ?. No known dates on these two people. Would like any help possible because I don't live near Penn and very difficult getting information so far from home. My Grandfather Ralph married a Gladys Almira Baker of Baltimore. Thanks

Thomas Rosier family

Lawrence Rosier (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Rosier
I believe that William Thomas Rosier may be your Thomas Rosier.The following is a list of my family, John Rosier and Abijah Rosier. Lawrence Rosier

NEW INFORMATION ON THE ROSIER FAMILY

Lawrence Rosier January 10, 2000

The Mother of John Rosier (1781 or 1785, PA -15 Sept 1867 Parkton Md) was probably Elizabeth Rosier who was living in 1798 on the property which became John Rosier's. Their father and other family members are unknown. However John is thought to be the uncle of Abijah Rosier who moved next door between 1850 and 1860.

ABIJAH ROSIER DESCENDANTS
ABIJAH ROSIER (1805, MD-1863 Parkton Md)
Spouse: #1 DORCAS(or Dorothy Williams (1810-) daughter of Abraham Williams (abt1787- aft1860); ancestry.com) (1813; d. 30 Jul 1858). Abijah Rosier and his family were living on Downs Rd. north of Parkton Md. in 1860. Abijah and Dorcas's children were:
(1) DENNIS ROSIER b. ca 1836; d. 23 Jan 1883; buried at the Maryland Line cemetery. Spouse: Catherine Through. He was a stone mason.

Dennis and Catherine's children were:

Mary Rosier, female, b.1857

Sarah Rosier, female, b. 1859

John Abijah Rosier
(2) LEWIS ROSIER b.Oct. 1840 d. 1906; married Amanda
(3) GEORGE WASHINGTON ROSIER b. 3 Apr 1841, Parkton, Baltimore Co., MD;
d. 26 May 1929, McCutchenville, Seneca1 Co., OH (He is said to have worked for uncle John on his farm. We think this could have been John Rosier his great uncle.)
Spouse: #1 Amelia Foght m. 14 Aug 1864
Spouse: #2 Caroline Yambert m. 27 Nov 1867, Seneca Co., OH
(4) JOHN ROSIER b. ca 1851(or 1841; ancestry.com)
(5) MARY ANN ROSIER b.1843
Spouse: (unknown) Hedrick
(6) WILLIAM THOMAS ROSIER b. 1845
(7) ELIZABETH ROSIER b. 1850
(8) ABIJAH ROSIER, JR. b. 1853
Spouse #1 (unknown)

Spouse #2 Margaret Paules

children:

James McCord Rosier (- Parkton Md)

Spouse: Laura V. Jones

Jacob Elmer Rosier constable of Baltimore Co.

(9) SARAH CATHERINE ROSIER b. 1854; d.23 June 1913 at Baltimore Md.; married Benjamin Franklin Almony (ancestry.com)
(10) JULIA ANN ROSIER b. 1856

Spouse: (unknown) Simpson
(11) DORCAS ANN ROSIER b. 19 Nov 1857; d. 6 Apr 1921
(12) MARGARET ROSIER
(13) ELIZA JANE ROSIER

Spouse: #1(unknown) Stump

Spouse: #2 Margaret: 2 more children
(14) Harry Rosier (10 May 1866 -2 June 1955 (ancestry.com))
Spouse:#2 Susannah ______ was Abijah's second spouse.

From:Marjorie McQueary 4249 Woodmont Rd.Toledo, Ohio 43613-3825. and http://www.ancestry.com/ancestry/search.asp and Jackie Simpson ____JDSNCPA@aol.com

JOHN ROSIER DESCENDANTS
JOHN ROSIER (1781 or 1785, PA - 15 Sept 1867 Parkton Md) His family lived just down the road from his nephew (we think?) Abijah Rosier in 1860. We have identified the property he owned as "Hunter's Delight" 126 acres on the present, Down's Rd.

Spouce: MARY ANN ROSIER (1780 - Aug 5, 1848) (a 1842 death date is believed to be in error).John and Mary Anne's children were:
(1) HANNAH JANE ROSIER (- 20 Oct 1849)

Spouse: (unknown) Slade (We think she was married to John Slade, brother of Elizabeth Ann Slade and that he may have died in the Civil War.) Hannah's known children were:

John R. Slade (3 Nov 1842-)

Mary Ann Slade (25 Mar 1845-20 Apr 1845 (lived 25 days))

Abrham Slade

Joshuia J.Slade(23 Sep 1848 - 9 Mar 1916) and Mary J. his wife (15 Nov 1860- 26 Jan 1931); both are buried in the Maryland Line Cemetery.

(2) JOHN W. ROSIER (1816-1898 Meadville Mo).

Spouse Elizabeth Ann Slade Rosier (1825-1899 Meadville Mo).

John W. Rosier and Eluzabeth Anne's children were:

Pleasant Hunter Rosier (1849-1935 Wilcox Ne)

Aquilla Rosier (1852-)

Edward Rosier (1853-1901)

Elizabeth Ann (1856-1940)

Dennis Rosier (1858- 1923 Collins Mo)

Mary Jane Catherine (1860-1917)

Laura L. Rosier (1866-1882).

The family moved by wagon train to Quincy Il. in 1870 and then to Meadville Mo.in 1882. Pleasant Hunter Rosier and his family moved on to Wilcox Ne.

Parkton, MD Rosiers

Posted: 14 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2002 5:08AM GMT
Surnames: tracey, rosier
Lawrence>> I was fascinated by your "Thomas Rosier Family". My great-great-grandfather James Tracey's oldest daughter, Eliza, married a Rosier, based on 1880 census for 7th dist. Balto. Co. MD., which shows a household headed by "Elijah" Rosier (b. abt. 1852), with wife Eliza, and children: Nora F., (b. abt. 1875); John T. (b. abt. 1877); and Lucinda R. (b. abt. 1879). I found a single tombstone at Pine Grove, one of the "pillar" type, engraved with Eliza Rosier's name, giving a birthdate of 3 May 1846, which corresponds to age given in the census, but her husband's name was, as best I could tell, "Alijah". the engraving on his side was almost smooth, with no dates decipherable. Perhaps both the census taker and I got it wrong and his name was "Abijah". My 81-year old mother tells me that her father, Clyde Tracey, blacksmith at Parkton, told her he had cousins who were Rosiers, and their names were: Walter, Ruth, Pearl, Anna and Emanual. She never knew Eliza, as she died in 1906 before my mother was born. Either these children were Eliza's grandchildren or children born after the 1880 census. Eliza's youngest brother, Alfred Nelson Tracey, b. in 1860, was my grandfather Clyde's father, and owned the blacksmith shop where my grandfather also worked. Does your Rosier genealogy include any information on these Traceys? Do you think that Eliza could be the unknown first wife of your Abijah Rosier, Jr., b. 1853? If so, what happened to cause him to marry Margaret Paules? Did he survive Eliza's death in 1906 and remarry then?

Traceys

Jeff (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Tracey, Rosier, Hunt
My name is Jeff Rosier and I live in OH. There is a Horace Tracey that married a Betsy Rosier around the 1940's. They had no children. I don't have my info organized quite yet but Betsy would have been a ggranddaughter of Abijah Rosier Sr. I have a picture of them both. My ggrandfather Wilmer was raised by John and Daisy Hunt. They also raised Betsy during the depression.
My grandfather, who is 82 and still sharp as a tack, remebers them and relayed these stories.
My grandfather also remembers a Ruth and Artice,(a female), that were cousins and fit in somewhere. Could this be the Ruth that you mentioned?? Other cousins that grandpa remembers Charles and Mame Rosier with children Robert, Helen, and Leon. They also show up in the 1920 census.
-The 1920 Census for MD shows a George W. and Mary being the parents of Ruth M. and Artice C. Rosier.
-I have a picture of George, Ella??, and Ruth(as a child of maybe 5)
-I have a picture of Betsy and Horace Tracey.
-I also have a reprinted property map from 1870 which shows where these people lived. Please email me personally for copies of all. (arosier@nls.net)

Parkton Rosiers

Posted: 15 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: John Rosier

I am related to John Rosier (1781Pa.-1867 Parkton, Md.) and his wife Mary Ann ; through his son John W Rosier (1817 Parkton Md-1898 Meadville Mo.) and his wife Mary Ann Slade and through his son Pleasant Hunter Rosier(1849 Parkton, Md.-1934 Wilcox, Ne.) and his wife Elizabeth Ann Suter.
Pleasant Hunter Rosier is believed to be named after the Pleasant Hunter who was a prominent tavern owner in Weisburg Md. about a mile south of Parkton Md.
I have no more information. Try Jackey Simpson at Shearerjdsncpa@aol.com
From Jackie Simpson ______? Rosiers in Md. sw7dwarf Jackie Dell-Shearer jdsncpa@aol.com
----------
> From: JDSNCPA@aol.com
> To: lrsr@rollanet.org
> Subject: Re: Rosiers of MD
> Date: Thursday, December 30, 1999 2:06 PM
>
> I recieved the info on John Rosier from Chris Christous of Baltimore. He said he found this info in the census. He went to the archives this week and said he has more info so I am waiting to hear from him.

My gggrandfather was James MacCord Rosier and his wife was Laura V. Jones both lived in and died in the Parkton area. I have death certificates on both. Abijah and 2nd wife Margaret Paules were James' parents.
I am working on tying the living and dead Rosiers together. I have quite a start but and still missing pieces. I also have copies of the death certificates for Jacob Elmer Rosier (constable of Baltimore Co.) who was a brother to James; John Abijah Rosier ( Dennis Rosier and Catherine Through's son); Abijah Rosier (son of Abijah and Dorothy) and Susannah Rosier ( Abijah's 2nd wife). Julia Ann Rosier a 1/2 sister to James married into the Simpson line. The Rosier line is my mother side and the Simpson line is my fathers side. Both are intertwined quite a bit in the newer generations. I would appreciate any help you could give me.
> I hope the weather stays nice so that I can use the next couple of weekends to visit the Pa and Md archives, again. I am sending Marjorie and Chris the info I have gathered with hopes they can fill in any holes or correct any mistakes.
> Jackie

Re: Parkton Rosiers

Posted: 25 Oct 2002 10:26AM GMT
I believe that the Parkton Rosier's came from York county Pa.
John Rosier b. 1782 or 1785 was born in Pa. hiis family moved to Parkton Md.and His mother's name was Elizabeth (unknown). John's son John W. Rosier b. 24 May 1816 Parkton Md. d. 11 Nov 1898 Meadville Mo.(left Md. in 1870) m. Elizabeth Ann Slade. John W. was the uncle of Abijah Rosier b.1805, d.1863. Abijah does not appear in census's before 1860. Therefore I believe his family was living in York Co. Pa. The only Rosier I have found in Pa. is Elizabeth b. 1803, d.1890, m. Adam Lentz. She could be a sister to Abijah. Does anyone have more info on Rosier's in York Co. Pa?

Re: Parkton Rosiers

Lucy Casanova (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2002 9:43PM GMT
Lawrence hi, I have been doing some research and on the 1880 Census found a William T and Sarah E living on Nice Street in Frackville, Pa. I have an obituary of my greatgrandfather William Alfred Rosier having died in a house on Nice Street. The only thing is that in the obituary it lists his parents as Thomas and Virginia Rosier. The children of William T and Sarah are: Carrie age 12, Thomas Nick age 9, William A age 7, Charlotte May age 5 and George age 4. Now the obituary says that my greatgrandfather leave a sister one Mrs Charles Rosier of Parkton, Md and a brother George of Baltimore. Now if I am correct William might be the son of John Rosier who might be the son of Ablijah, if I am incorrect please set me straight. Do you know where John or Ablijah are buried. Both of my grandparents and greatgrandparents are buried at Pine Grove Cemetary on Middleton Rd in Parkton.

Re: Thomas Rosier family

Posted: 13 Aug 2003 3:52PM GMT
From the Gazette and Daily News (York, PA), Monday, 3 JUN 1929: Bentley Springs (Baltimore Co. MD, near Downs Road): Word has been received at this place by Harry Rosier of the death of his uncle George Rosier which occurred at his home in Dayton (OH?) several days ago. The former and his wife left for that place to attend the funeral. The deceased was a resident of near here several years ago.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions