Search for content in message boards

shumates in ky.

shumates in ky.

mary shumate (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2000 8:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Aug 2003 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: Shumate
i would like information on a william david shumate.
he was either born in carlisle,ky., or somewhere in bourbon county, ky.
he was my dad and he died in 1975.

Shumates in KY.

Lori(Shumate)Tiller (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2000 10:48PM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2003 1:42AM GMT
All that I know that My Aunt Theresa
knows alot on the Shumate name!!
Is this my Aunt Mary in Ohio?

Shumates in Kentucky

Mary Shumate Pittman (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2000 11:14AM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2003 1:39AM GMT
Surnames: Helphenstine
I live in Lexington, Ky. I have an Aunt Mary who lives in Maysville, Ky. My dad had two sisters-one lives in M,aysville and the other ( Lou Allice) lives in Ripley,Ohio. My Mom's maiden name was Mary Helphenstine. After marrying my dad, they had seven children together before divorcing.I was told my dad lived in Indiana when he died in 1975. I was also told his family was from bourbon county and he had relatives in Carlisle. I only saw my biological dad a few times.

Shumates

Theresa Hanshaw (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2000 5:46AM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2003 8:03PM GMT
My neice Lori forwarded your query to me. Do you know about how old your dad would have been when he died? I found several William Shumates listed in the KY Social Security Death Index for 1975. Do you know his year of birth?

Shumates in Ky

Mary Pittman (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2000 9:56AM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2003 1:40AM GMT
I think he was 45. His full name was William David Shumate.

Thank-you

Re: shumates in ky.

Posted: 26 Oct 2008 6:14AM GMT
I have several Shumate family members from Bourbon Co. and am just now getting started on ancestry, but at this time have family crsis and can not reply correctly. Will try later in Nov 2008

Re: Shumates in Kentucky

Posted: 29 Dec 2008 6:37AM GMT
Surnames: Shumate, Helphenstine, Doyle
Hi Mary, I am Wilma Doyle Bacon Keely formerly of Paris, Ky. My mother was a Shumate, daughter of Oney & Maude Mae & born in Fleming Co., Ky. On my father's side (Wallingford, Ky. Fleming Co. (Doyle) several of my gggrandfather's (John Doyle & Martha "Patsey )children married Helphenstines......Wm. P, Jr., Alexander Porter, & Phillip.
As far as the Shumates, they also came fr Bourbon Co., Fleming Co. and some lived in Harrison Co. and later years my Uncle Clifford Shumate & Aunt Lorena Wagoner (Shumate) lived in Carlisle. I do not have the Shumate info handy, but if you are still looking, contact me. By the way, what was your father's name?

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 3:35AM GMT
Edited: 8 Dec 2012 2:06PM GMT
Surnames: Shoemate, Jones, Sears
Hi. I am also a relative of yours. My dads uncle is Clifford and I met and spoke with Ms. Lorena Wagoner before her passing. I still have a letter she sent me with the family tree started on it. If you would like I can give you what info I have about them. My dads name is William Carl Jones. My grandpa married Nancy myrtle Shoemate. I know my grandmothers maiden name was Sears. They all lived in Paris, bourbon, Carlisle or Nicholas counties. I remember my dad talking about Oney and have him listed in my records as well.My name is Billie A. Jones Warner.

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 6:53AM GMT
Edited: 8 Dec 2012 2:08PM GMT
Surnames: Blanton
Hey..so glad to hear from you. Have tried to contact your Dad in Paris, but no luck. Just recently made contact with dau in law of your Aunt Betty Kay, and was thrilled to find she is doing well. I have wanted to call and talk with her, but have not been well for months, and other issues. Need to do that soon...I was able to visit with Rose Carol & Aunt Carrie before they passed, that was bittersweet. But Aunt Carrrie did give me a clue that led to our finding where Oney died and is buried. It was not easy, and still there is no real headstone. Aunt Nannie passed a year before my mother Ada, and then their sister Edith Blanton passed a month after Momma. Aunt Lorena was the sweetest, most loving person. They are all missed. I will gladly add you as guest on our family trees, if you like. My email address is rkeely@comcast.net. Looking forward to talking more & sharing info. Wilma Doyle Keely
per page

Find a board about a specific topic