Search for content in message boards

Strode Family Tree (Monroe Co, Ky)

Strode Family Tree (Monroe Co, Ky)

George Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2001 11:58PM GMT
I am researching the Strode Family of Monroe County Kentucky and would like help from anyone with any information I do not have, thanks!
http://members.tripod.com/~strodefamilytree/

Strodes of Monroe County

Posted: 6 Feb 2001 9:04PM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2002 3:16AM GMT
My mother was a Strode from Monroe county. Who are you looking for? Furnish name of person or persons, and I will help if possible.

Strode families of Monroe Co, KY 1870-1923

Posted: 4 Apr 2001 1:07AM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2004 9:18AM GMT
Can someone tell me the name of newspaper in Monroe Co, KY in 1923 when Hulet Strode died 9 May 1923? Looking for obituary.

Anyone done research at courthouse and have address and cost of copies to obtain will/land transactions/marriage
Possibly born in McCracken County, KY as that is where John Howard Strode was said to have been born in 1863.
1870 Kentucky Census Index from FAMILY QUEST

M593-Roll 489 Center Point P O
p 158 Mary Strode age 17 b KY
P 162 Hulet Strode age 22 b KY
possibly brother of John H(oward?) Strode age 7 p164
p 164 Amanda Strode age 19 b KY
p 164 John H Strode age 7 B KY
hoping this is my orphaned ggfather
TRADITION: a Hugh Strode visited Lewiston/Peck Idaho at times and was said to be brother to John Howard Strode md to Lydia Ann Tumelson. Can find no information on him in Idaho.
3 April 2001 found on Rootsweb Kentucky Death Records
Strode, Hulet NMN age unknown Died Monroe
Residence unknown, Death Date 9 May 1923
Volume 029, Certificate 14326, Death Volume 1923
p 167 Henrie[sic]Strode age 60 b KY
is he the father/uncle of these children?

Ancestry.com research for Henry Strode shows
in GENE POOL:
Ruth W. Chapman b 1829 KY d 1863 ? M 1857 ?
Spouse Henry R. Strode
Parents: Father Robert Chapman Mother Nancy W. Crowe

Do any of the Strode researchers have info on Ruth Chapman and Henry/Henrie Strode?

My Lineage:
John Howard Strode and Lydia Ann Tumelson md abt 12 October 1886 possibly Cedarvale, Kansas
b 10 Feb 1863 Massack, McCracken, KY d 27 July 1921 Camas, Clark, WA buried at Poor Farm no marker visible today
Lydia- b 5 December 1867 in Crawford Co., Illinois d 6 Oct 1964 Camas, Clark, WA
parents of
Huey Hulet/Hughlet STRODE b 25 Dec 1894 in Cedarvale, Chitaqua, Kansas
d 5 November 1931 in Vancouver, Clark, Washington shortly after a car wreck
md 3 July 1914 in Asotin (City or County or both?) Washington
Hattie Ellen Peden
b 5 April 1898 in Summit, Idaho
d 2 October 1953 in Vancouver, Clark, Washington
Dorsey LeRoy Strode md Gladys Forgey
Marilyn Kay Strode md 1) Victor L Dahlquist 2) Richard E. Fitze, 28 March 1998

Strodes in Monroe co. Ky.

Posted: 8 Apr 2001 10:37AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2005 12:43AM GMT
Dear Marilyn, The name of the Local paper is the "Tompkinville News" I am responding to this because I am off of the Strodes. William Strode, Jr. was my gggrandfather. Henry Strode was the father of Hulet Strode that married Francis Wilson and died after they had a number of children. I have all the children names, and the families they were living with. If you desire any more information email me at marchead@scrtc.co The Henry R. Strode is not the one I think you are looking for. His wife was Ruth Chapman. And the Chapman's wife was not Crowe it was Crews. marcella

RE: Strode from Monroe Co, KY

Posted: 26 May 2001 12:22PM GMT
Edited: 4 Dec 2004 9:18AM GMT
Marcella,
Your e-mail bounced back.

Thank you for the response to my query.

1870 Kentucky Census, Monroe County Amanda Strode age 19 had John H Strode, age 7, living with her do you know anything about this John H. Strode?

Found the following information and wonder if this Amanda Strode is the same Amanda age 19 in the 1870 Kentucky Census, Monroe County.

Ancestry.com Gene Pool Individual Records
Anna Belgium Strode
b 25 April 1867 Springfield, Sangamon, IL
d 18 April 1935 Medford, Jackson, OR
m 28 October 1885 Ottawa, Franklin, KS
Spouse: Anna Belgium Strode[sic]
Father: (blank)
Mother: Amanda Strode

Obituary request from Mail Tribune, P.O. Box 1108, Medord, OR 97501-0229
with response April 16, 2001.

ANNA BELL SMITH PASSES, AGED 67
Auna[sic] Bell Smith, a resident of Medford for the past 26 years, passed away at her home, 501 Beatty street, early Thursday morning at the age of 67 years after suffering an illness of the past year. She is survived by her husband, Derrian (sp? copy hard to read) R. Smith, of Medford; two sons Cecil R., of Yreka, Cal., and Orval W. of Copso, Cal.; also a host of friends.
Funeral services will be held from the Conger funeral parlors Saturday at 1:30 p. m. Rev D. E. Millard will have charge of services and interment will be made in the Siskiyou Memorial Park.

Note made by newspaper librarian 4-18-35, Th

You may already have this info but thought I would pass it on.

Yours in genealogy
Marilyn Strode Fitze
Vancouver, WA

Re: Strode Family Tree (Monroe Co, Ky)

Posted: 29 Dec 2001 2:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Mr Stewart, I am researching the Strode family in Monroe county as well. My g grandfather was Walter C. Strode, he is belived to be a son of Patsy Strode. Patsy was a sister to Henry Strode and William Strode Jr children of William Strode and his wife Anna (maiden name not known).
The Strode Family probally arrived in Cumberland County (portion later became part of Monroe county) about 1806. they were probally from the carolina's.
If I can help you please contact me.
Jackie Shirley

Posted: 29 Mar 2002 1:28AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2002 11:09PM GMT
I believe I can fill in some blanks for you, my husbands granparents were David Smith Walden m Dorcas page.

jennifer bowen (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2002 3:27AM GMT
hi i may have some info but do you have; a emmitt strode &vera dubree? if so i can give you info on vera's side of the family.

Posted: 29 Oct 2002 2:37AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2003 2:36AM GMT
I am a descendant of William Billy Pick Strode B:1822 D:1900. I have no information on his parents, but have his grandparents as William Sr and Anna. I know that his parents were not either William Jr or Henry Thomas. I have no information on who Pick's parents were, but can list all of his children on down. Pick was my G-G-G-G- grandfather.

Posted: 11 Nov 2002 11:18PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2003 2:36AM GMT
Dorcas Page is in my family tree also and i would like to share information if possible.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions