Search for content in message boards

5 sons of Charles Westwood in Birmingham

5 sons of Charles Westwood in Birmingham

Posted: 30 Aug 2003 11:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Anyone with an interest in Charles Westwood, jeweller, then later grocer, b. Birmingham c1831?
Sons Samuel, Charles, William, Robert and Roland.
Father Robert Westwood, japanner.

Re: 5 sons of Charles Westwood in Birmingham

Posted: 9 Sep 2003 3:27PM GMT
I have a William Edward Westwood born abt 1862 in Wolverhampton. Could he be Charles' son ?

Posted: 16 Sep 2003 2:11PM GMT
Edited: 18 Sep 2003 2:52AM GMT
Sorry, I'm afraid this is very unlikely as the William in my Westwood family was almost certainly born in Birmingham itself, like his brothers. I know it's a minor thing, but then again, none of my Westwoods seem to have gone in adding a middle name.

Do you have any extra details on your William E. Westwood? [Such as occupation, any siblings etc] If I know more about him I could keep an eye open for him.

All best wishes,

Karena.

Posted: 16 Sep 2003 3:31PM GMT
Edited: 23 Dec 2003 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: Westwood
Thanks for letting me know. All I do know about him is, He was born abt1862, he was an iron moulder, he had 3 children (2boys + 1girl as far as i can make out) and he died before 1921 (that was when my grandad married and william is shown as deceased).
I did find him on the 1881 census in Derby with other Westwoods from W-ton and 1 from London also some people with surname Turvey all in the same house, If thats any help to your tree. It just confused me more !!

Thanks again

Rob

Jim Westwood (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2003 8:35PM GMT
Edited: 23 Dec 2003 8:02PM GMT
Surnames: Westwood
Ms. Keeley -

I would be interested in knowing more about Charles Westwood, if you have some information. I am the great grandson of Charles' second son, Charles, who was the father of Frederick William Westwood, b. 1884 in Smethwick, who was my grandfather.

Jim Westwood
Portland, Oregon, USA

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions