Search for content in message boards

Martin family Tennessee to Texas

Martin family Tennessee to Texas

Posted: 6 Apr 2003 6:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Aug 2003 7:25PM GMT
Surnames: Martin, Currier, Stracener
My great grandfather, was James Marshel Martin, may have been Marshall and lived in Tennessee at one time. One daughter, Augusta Lyle, was born in Tennessee. She married a Currier. Have no idea where they lived in TN. or when they came to Texas. Settled in Erath County, Central Texas, in later 1800s, not sure of exact date. My grandmother , Harriet Elizabeth Launa Martin Stracener, married in 1895, so was before that time. They lived as best as I can find out, somewhere southeast of Dublin, near the community of Purves. Children, Augusta Lyle, Harriet Elizabeth Launa, J. Early, Emri (Emory or variation thereof), Winnie and two smaller children. May have been married twice with these children being from second wife. May have had son by first wife named Will. Desperate for anything on this family. Thanks so much if you can help.

Re: Martin family Tennessee to Texas

Posted: 21 Nov 2007 3:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martin/Buckaloo/Scott
James Marshall Martin, born Feb 07, 1858 in SHELBYVILLE, BEDFORD CO, TN; died Nov 19, 1935 in CORNERSVILLE, MARSHALL CO, TN. He was the son of John Calhoun Martin and Sara Jane Scott. He married (1) Florida Patricilla Buckaloo Sep 30, 1880 in COFFEE CO, TN. She was born Feb 27, 1858 in SHELBYVILLE, BEDFORD CO, TN, and died May 23, 1937 in CORNERSVILLE, MARSHALL CO, TN. She was the daughter of James Buckaloo and Amanda.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions