Surname: Pinto

David Pinto (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2003 3:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Apr 2006 12:50PM GMT
Surnames: Pinto
Shalom.
I am David Pinto, 58, born in London, England, father Cecil Pinto, paternal grandfather Enrico Pinto, paternal grandmother Stella Dolly d'Orsay.
I have lived in Montreal, Canada since the age of 5.
I work for a newspaper.
I have relatives in Canada, the U.S.A., Jamaica, Israel, England and France (although my French relatives are Catholics! that is due to an ancestor who married a Monegasque and converted).
I'm always interested in finding other Jewish Pintos, especially if they are related.
Oh, yes, in addition to English, I speak French fluently and can write in that language. I speak a small amount of Spanish, but can pretty much figure out more Spanish than I actually know -- five years of high-school Latin certainly helps!
I do not speak any Portuguese, but I might be able to guess reasonably at some stuff in that language.

Posted: 9 Apr 2003 4:13PM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2006 12:50PM GMT
Hola David! Isn't it strange how many Sepharadim work for newspapers? Esp. in the U.S. and South America. Good luck in finding your relatives. Did you try southern California Temple in L.A. The Sephardic Congregation Teferith Israel?

Re: Surname: Pinto

Posted: 2 Sep 2009 2:27PM GMT
Shalom David,

I have a lot of information about your "Ashkenazic" and mixed ashkenazic-sepharadic US, Canadian, UK, Dutch and German ancestors.

We both descend from Nathan Moses Halevi of Hamburg, Germany and JudaLeib, the father of the famous Asser Levy and his sister Rachel.

looking forward to hearing fromyou,

Best regards,

David Framowitz
Ginot Shomron, Israel
dfram@bezeqint.net

Posted: 22 Jul 2011 5:42AM GMT
David,

My grandmother's maiden name is Pinto my family derives from Livorno, Italy where they moved to escape the Inquisition in Portugal. I am looking for more information on the Pinto family name. Perhaps we are distant relatives, look forward to hearing you respond.

- Ben Weiser

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 4:03AM GMT
Hi , my husband family name is Pinto , they come fm Beirut , n they are sepharadi Jewish . Later they move to Manchester - Uk n lately came down to Uruguay -South America . His name is Cecil n has a son named David.

Posted: 12 Oct 2011 10:53PM GMT
Tbat's incredible. My father's name was Cecil and I am David.
I do not know what else to say at this point.
May I take this opportunity to wish you and yours a l'Shanah Tovah Tikatevu.

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 2:44PM GMT
Surnames: de Sousa , Gago
Hi, my name is Susana Mocho, my father has the surname Pinto. We are from Portugal although I have been living in the UK for the last 4 years. I have been trying to research my Jewish ancestry and it seems that on my father's side they were Jewish (Anusim). The Pinto family on my father's side follows his matrilineal ancestry. It seems to be a very old Sephardic family in the Iberian Peninsula. Please contact me if you need more information. We also have in our family the surnames de Sousa and Gago which also seem to be Anusim surnames.

Posted: 24 Aug 2013 11:10PM GMT
Surnames: Pinto surname genealogy
Shalom to distant Pinto Jewish cousins,
I read all the comments from several Pinto descendants. Very cool! I traced my line back to my mother's mother's father's father Frank Muccia's mother, Pintron Pinto who was born in Italy in 1850. She and her only child, Frank Muccia (b. 1862) left Italy and arrived in New York in 1888. One year later to 1889, Frank married Mary (b. 1874) in New York. Mary (unknown surname) was also from Italy. Their son, Daniel Joseph Muccia was born in 1893 in New York and married Miriam Florence Bansley. They had a daughter named Mildred Florence Muccia born in 1913 in New York. Mildred married a Dawson and gave birth to my mother, Carol Jean Collado. She and I were both born in Los Angeles and raised there. We reside in Medford, Oregon. We did suspect Jewish ancestry for many years because Jews and non-Jews asked me if my mother is Jewish because she looked very Jewish. This year, I finally found our line back to my Mom's 2nd great grandmother, Pintron Pinto who turned out to be Italian Jewish. Now we understand why Jews felt that we are Jewish. It's weird, huh? We will take classes to do Torah study and catch up all that we missed out on our long hidden Jewish heritage! I would love to hear back from you ! We can be contacted by email: wmcunn92@gmail.com
Wendy Cunningham
Medford, Oregon
near SOU University in Ashland, OR
per page

Find a board about a specific topic