Search for content in message boards

St. Patrick's Cemetery, Hartford, Connecticut

Posted: 15 Nov 2002 5:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Anyone have info on where burial books for St. Patrick's cemetery might be? Or where a list of those buried there might be? Understood that sometime during the 1930's Conservation Corp took a physical inventory? Anyone know where I can get that info? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Re: St. Patrick's Cemetery, Hartford, Connecticut

Posted: 16 Nov 2002 9:01PM GMT
The original cemetery records for St Patrick's cemetery (also referrred to as Old Catholic cemetery), Hartford CT were destroyed by fire in 1913. At some later date a survey was made of the existing headstones and that record is at Mt St Benedict Cemetery. I'm not sure if this list is the same as the Hale Cemetery Inscriptions project or not. The Hale Cemetery Inscriptions can be found at CT State Library.

Maureen (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2002 3:10PM GMT
Surnames: Neary, Keefe, Dowling, Bird, McLean, Mansworth, Carlton
Hi Kathleen,

Thanks for your reply. Would you know of anyone who could do a look-up for me? I posted a request for this in hopes that someone will. I visited St. Pat's cemetery years ago, looking for Ann Neary who was suppose to be buried there(info from death certs). Keefe, and Dowling. Couldn't find them, many of the stone were turned over and in bushes. Area was not the best at that time too-although we did look at the majority of the standing headstones. The books were in transition at that time so didn't get a look at those. Living on West Coast now so looking at them is not possible.

Posted: 1 Dec 2002 2:19AM GMT
Maureen - I checked at the CT State Library today on the Hale collection, CT Headstone Inscriptions, for St Patrick Cemetery, Hartford. That listing was prepared in Nov 1934. There was no listing for Ann Neary or any other Neary. She could have been buried there, but no stone erected. I checked to see if there were listings for that name at other CT cemeteries in the Hale collection. There were 3 possibles. Annie Neary (1864-?) in East Windsor; Annie Neary 1846-1908 in Old Saybrook; and Annie Mulrooney Neary died Dec 22, 1921, age 62, buried in Stratford.

I did find a number of listings for Keefe and Dowling at St Patrick Cemetery. I'll contact you at your email with details.

Maureen (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2002 6:26PM GMT
Kathleen, Thank you so much for doing that, I deeply appreciate it. I will be in touch through email. Happy belated Thanksgiving to all. Maureen

John McGill (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2003 5:23PM GMT
Surnames: Harrington>Leary
Maureen, Where is St patrick's located in Hartford? I have some family from East Windsor, and an trying to track down their graves. The Harringtons 1870's East Windsor.

Thanks
John
Va Beach

Posted: 8 Mar 2012 8:05PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 31 Jul 2013 5:54PM GMT
Surnames: Burke
I have been searching for my great great grandparents John and Johanna Burke. He died in 1886-1888 which would have been destroyed in the fire but his wife died Aug 1924. They had a daughter Ellen who died in 1879 and Lizza who died after 1880. I can't find info anywhere I called St. Benedicts and got nowhere. I have no obits or death certificates. I am stuck don't have any idea when and where they arrived from if they married hear or in Ireland. Thanks for any help!

Posted: 18 Jul 2012 1:53AM GMT
John: On Find A Grave there are over a dozen Harringtons buried in St Catherines Cemetery in East Windsor.

Rita
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions