Search for content in message boards

DONALD FAMILY HISTORY

DONALD FAMILY HISTORY

Posted: 13 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jan 2002 4:11PM GMT
Surnames: DONALD
I AM LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION,ABOUT ALEXANDER DONALD JR, ABBEYVILLE S.C.
I KNOW HE WAS PREVIOUSLY IN VIRGINIA, AND I WOULD LIKE A CONTACT OR INFORMATION FOR THAT ALSO..

Alexander Donald of Abbeville, Co

Loraine Donald Haygood (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Donald, Douglass, Gray
Are you interested in the Alexander Donald whose will dated 1803 is in Abbeville, Co.? Will does not include the "Jr.".
It does name children James (deceased), John, Hezekiah, Mary, (wife of Andrew Gray), Nancy (wife of Robert Gray), and an unnamed deceased daughter who had married a Douglass; grandsons James Jr.,West, and Andrew Donald, George Donald, Archibald Douglass, (any children of other daughters not named) and one great-grandson Donald Douglass, and lists their specific inheritances. Land in Chester,Co., Fairfield, Co., and Richland Co. is listed along with slaves and household property. I have some information on deeds in Virginia and North Carolina before
Alexander came into South Carolina, though not a complete list. I would very much like to hear from anyone on this family, especially want information on descendents. I have been working on his son John for years.

Re: Alexander Donald of Abbeville, Co

Posted: 12 Nov 2009 5:10PM GMT
Surnames: donald
Lorraine - I have traced back my direct line all the way to this John Donald and his father Alexander. I am very interested in the information you have on deeds before he came to South Carolina - indeed where he was from and his father's name etc.

Re: Alexander Donald of Abbeville, Co

Posted: 17 Sep 2011 2:42AM GMT
Surnames: Donald,Thomas
We are having our Capt. James Alexander Thomas reunion on Oct. 16,2011, and have long been looking for what happened to James' mother Mary Donald. Only know she died when James and his brother and sister were young. They remained w/their uncle John Thomas in Richburg, Chester County, SC. Mary was supposedly from around Abbeville. There is a town called Donald near there. Could never find her grave in any of the cemeteries in that area. Your info. on her possible parents is wonderful. Can you tell me more?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic