Search for content in message boards

Squire Q. Allen born 1810 PA, died 1878

Squire Q. Allen born 1810 PA, died 1878

Posted: 7 Jul 2006 12:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jul 2006 2:05PM GMT
Surnames: Allen, McKay
Anyone else researching Squire, my ggg grandfather, born 1810 PA, died 1878, maried Louisa Jane McKay.
Squire is my brick wall. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Squire Q. Allen - S.C. Pendleton Dist. in 1800

Posted: 7 Jul 2006 3:13AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2006 2:04PM GMT
Surnames: Allen, Head
Peggy, I have info on a Squire Allen found on S.C. Pendleton Dist. in1800 with children. Brothers Lee and Isaac , father-Gershom living close by. Squire, Lee, isaac and Gershom in KY, Pulaski Co. AR 1819, Conway, Co. AR with Moses and a Susannah 1830.
This was posted bySheila Winterberg--Genealogy.com-Re:William R. Allen, Malinda Head, Surry, NC)--5-31-06\
Hopes this is your relative. I am still trying to connect with them.
Happy Hunting!
Glenda

Marvin Allen (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2006 5:14PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2006 12:47AM GMT
Surnames: Allen
The S.C. Pendleton Dist. in 1800 Squire Allen did not have the middle initial of "Q" nor was he ever in PA as far as I can tell. He is in my line. Interested in any other info you might have on him or Gershom Allen, etc.

Posted: 12 Jul 2006 6:32PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2006 12:48AM GMT
Surnames: Allen, McKay
My Squire (Q) Allen was my ggg grandfather. have a picture of his tombstone (with the Q) close to Paris, TX. He married Louisa Jane McKay (MS) 1840 and later they settled in Texas.
I did not know that his father was supposedly Gershom until I read the previous posts. I hope my Squire is the name as yours. Peggy

Posted: 12 Jul 2006 7:24PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2006 12:49AM GMT
Surnames: Allen, Snow
My ancester (Squire Allen, son of Gershom) lived in AR., was married to Martha "Tilda" Snow. listed in 1818 AR tax records:1830 and 1840 US Census, dying in Saline Co., AR on 05 Nov 1842. No record of ever living in Texas. He was a Justice of the Peace for many years in Saline Co. One of his sons, Eleazar, (my ancester), moved from Saline to Van Buren and then to Conway Co.

Posted: 12 Jul 2006 8:21PM GMT
Well, then I guess my Squire and yours are not the same man. Just as I feared. Mother (who did all the gene. work back in the '70's) always called Squire Q. our "brick wall". So now I'm hoping the DNA test my brother is doing will show just who our SQ descended from. Thanks anyway. I was hoping that my Squire was son of Gershom, but guess not.

Posted: 12 Jul 2006 8:42PM GMT
Surnames: Allen
I have my ydna results posted on the ftdna Allen surname board. Only the first 12, with 25 to follow. Also on ysearch and mtsearch.

Posted: 11 Apr 2007 6:13PM GMT
Surnames: Snow, Allen
hello,
I think I have spoken to you before, but I am still trying to find out about MARTHA TILDA SNOW. Have you ran across anything new, about who her parents were or where she was born and raised, or anything else about her? I am one of her descendents and have not been able to find out anything at all about her life before marring Squire Allen. Please reply when you can, thanks Emma

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 6:02PM GMT
Dear Marvin,
Your listing for Isaac Allen (1765-1820) in Allen, Weathrford And Others is the first family history information that shows him as having been born 15 Aug 1765, Orange County, North Carolina, died: 1820, Allen County, Kentucky. Previously, he had been listed as born 1779, Virginia, death date and place unknown. This seems to be the same Isaac Allen who married Nancy Graham, by whom he had eight children, including Millington Allen (1802-1884), with whom she is living near and is widowed with six children in the 1820 Census of Allen County, Kentucky. Isaac and his family were in Chester County, South Carolina, and Millington was born in South Carolina in 1802. Information concerning Isaac's children is a bit shaky, but the census information does seem to confirm Millington was theirs. I would be very interested in what you know about Isaac.
John W. Grubs, Austn, Texs
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions